Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
GLoy

Crappie swap

I tied a fly that I named Blue Icicle and have mailed them out today. I hope everyone enjoys them and thank you GLoy for hosting the swap!!!!

well for some reason I cannot update the first post right now. add147 I have recd your flies. MLoy has tied a fly called a wee willy wiggler neat looking fly should catch fish. he cannot post yet, not sure what is going on he has tried two computers with two emails and cant get either one to allow him to post so for now ill keep him up to date. those with flies not done please keep an eye on the date and get them in on time. went fishing yesterday with the fly im including in this swap and caught a limit of crappie in 2 hrs along with 7 nice gills ( limit here is 25 a day) . Im excited to get these to you guys there are some really nice flies here, cant wait to try them. well that's all the news I have to share for now. I wish all of you tight lines and much luck with your fishing, thanks gary

Checked the tracking today, mine are at your P.O. So they should be delivered today.

My wife & I are down in SC, on vacation & checking out houses for possibly relocating!

Gary, the flies went out yesterday, should be there by friday. Sent along a baby sunfish and baby firetiger as extras for you. Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to seeing all the flies.

Steve

OK I have all but one set in and am waiting to here from him on an eta for the flies. I will give it till Monday and we will look at things again. Sorry for the delay.

Gary

Srry Guys I'm holding everything up sent Flys Tuesday 5/9/15 ....

Steve-stabgnid

Ok last set appears to be on the way as soon as they get here I'll get them sorted and back out to you. Thanks Gary

Steve-stabgnid

Steve, no wonder you're behind, 5/9, yesterday, was Saturday! laugh.png

Gary, if it's possible & not too much to ask, can you take a group pic of the flies & post them so other folks can see them?

IMO, that should be done with any swap, as it may entice folks to get more involved with swaps who may not otherwise. smile.png

tidewater, that's always a nice thing to do, and I've been trying to do it on the monthly swap flies. Screwed up on month not worth posting. The thing is, it really takes more time to sort and run a swap than most people realize. It also take time to shoot pics, load them on computer. post them one at a time while the wheels grind. This board is actually one of the easier ones since you can post direct from your computer. Many boards require the extra step of loading them into photobucket, then taking them from there to the thread. I have more time than most and will try to do this for swaps I run but it really is asking a lot of SM to do this and if he can get the time it should be appreciated.

Vic, I knew that, that's why I said if possible. I've run a few swaps in the past and was a bit disappointed I didn't post pics because I didn't have the proper equipment or time. I agree with you about the appreciation factor too, particularly for the time involved.

In this case, if Gary can't do it I would certainly be glad to take care of it. It was simply an idea I feel should be part of swaps. Myself, I enjoy doing swaps but don't always get into them because I'm not sure about my time. However, those times I've seen fly pics posted have peaked my interest to go with it, particularly if it was the type of swap I had wanted to join in the past. As I said, perhaps it would entice more participation.

Your input is understood! Thanks! smile.png

Steve-stabgnid

Steve, no wonder you're behind, 5/9, yesterday, was Saturday! laugh.png

Gary, if it's possible & not too much to ask, can you take a group pic of the flies & post them so other folks can see them?

IMO, that should be done with any swap, as it may entice folks to get more involved with swaps who may not otherwise. smile.png

srry I did send them out tuesday ..I had alot of things going on and completly forgot about sending them out !! I swear its this Northwest Pacific weather Plays with your mind !! lol

Hey Steve, no harm done! Life happens & we all get busier than we would like sometimes! Heck, being a truck driver I work all kinds of weird hours, and most of the time I have no idea what day it is, what time it is, or even what year it is! laugh.png