Fly Tying
trevinski

Shed hunting??

$5000 for a tire? What does it go on?

Your cat and dog can be a good source for tying materials. I used the hair from my son's black Lab to tie a bead head Hogan (BHH).

$5000 for a tire? What does it go on?

Your cat and dog can be a good source for tying materials. I used the hair from my son's black Lab to tie a bead head Hogan (BHH).

Big four wheel drive tractors, combines etc.

Lol I live close to where this is. All those Elk sheds come from Yellowstone National Park. They just rebuilt that archway not too long ago.

Shed hunting, like walking aimlessly around looking for them? Thats interesting. We used to bait them in. Throw something deer like to eat in an area with lots of low hanging branches and other antler grabbers. A lot of times they will drop them right there as they bang them around to eat the food.

Feeding deer and baiting deer is illegal here in Wyoming. So you basically have to just walk around aimlessly. It's a good time for me to plan out new potential tree stand spots and check on existing tree stands. Plus it's a good way to get into shape for backpacking and for elk hunting. I love living in the country lol.

I used to hunt the area around the old dump when I lived in Finland MN. The black bear sheds brought big money. The sheds were small and you really had to watch to spot them but the Chinese paid big money for them since they believed they were a form of aphrodisiac.

If I EVER find a black bear shed ... you can BET I'd use it for SOME kind of Holistic medicine !!!

Kind of like Jackalope sheds.

Or chicken teeth!

Jaydub... that's cool! But it's kinda like taking the sport out of doing one's own hunting.

LOL Flafly ...

like hunting Raccoons or wild boar with dogs?

Like sitting in a stand waiting for something to come close enough to shoot?

Like using live bait to catch fish?

People have been taking the easy path since we knew what a path was.