Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

5 years smoke free

Today is the 5 year anniversary of the day that I quit smoking cold turkey back on Good Friday of 2011. One of the wisest choices I have ever made in my life to date. Lungs and overall health today is just vastly better than I was 5 yrs ago!

Congrats, Steve. I am glad you've felt a difference since quitting. Unfortunately, since quitting a long time ago, I've never noticed any change.

Congratulations! That is one of the hardest things to accomplish.

After suffering through those withdrawals, it is a wonder how that stuff is legal.

(This June will mark my tenth year)

It's been night and day difference for me. I use to cough all the time and get out of breath barely even walking a couple blocks. Now I mountain bike 30 miles a week, walk all the time, hike, never cough, and have tons of energy. Guess it effects everyone differently but for me it's been a big difference in health/energy.

Congrats Steve! I quit cold turkey in 2004 and also seen huge changes.A lot healthier now and a lot more energy. More money now for fishing gear.

Well done Steelie!

Whenever I'm in a dilema about buying more fishing junk, I just remind myself

how it could have gone up in smoke ☺ (going on year 29 for me).

Congrats Steve! I quit cold turkey in 2004 and also seen huge changes.A lot healthier now and a lot more energy. More money now for fishing gear.

Got that right Steve. I just this morning added up how much I have saved from not smoking. As a pack a day smoker at $7.00 pack which is what I use to pay here, I've saved about $12,775 in the past 5 years. Sometimes I wonder where that money went, but then I just look around at all my fish and tanks and then I remember lol

Good for you my friend! Glad to hear, inspiring as well

I've just started my battle, stopped cold turkey a going on two weeks ago but I did have half a smoke today, wasn't that good I think I'll be able to quit for good.

Again, great job

Cheers Steve!

Be 3 years May 3 since I didn't smoke anymore, I never quit because I'm not a quitter!

I agree the best thing I ever did for myself , I am not huffing and puffing after a good piece of ***?

Congratulations Steve! Last month it was 21 years since I quit. I used the American Lung Association Program which worked for me. However you quit, as long as you quit, that it the goal. If you haven't quit yet, keep trying, it took me several times before it took.

Good no ya Steve. Glad to see it has and is making a difference. Live long and prosper.