Fly Tying
eide

June Flies from the vise

Adam.....didn't know what I was looking at right off the bat. Had to enlarge the pic....then I figured it out.

Well played sir. Well played.

J

Tied this guy up in a storm of feathers and hair last night. First time really tying something large but just freestyling it. Didn't follow a pattern, but obviously had lots of inspiration, nothing groundbreaking in this guy from what i can see. But I am super proud of it. Thoughts?

whiteysmitey.jpg

Very nice job. Tie that in olive and you will have what is very close to my favorite big brown trout food, Galloup's Sex Dungeon.

That (polar flash?) synthetic hackle makes a great change over the schlappen.

Looks like a mixture of a sex dungeon and an articulated complex twist bugger. Great stuff man!

Circus peanut.

Tied this guy up in a storm of feathers and hair last night. First time really tying something large but just freestyling it. Didn't follow a pattern, but obviously had lots of inspiration, nothing groundbreaking in this guy from what i can see. But I am super proud of it. Thoughts?

whiteysmitey.jpg

Very nice job. Tie that in olive and you will have what is very close to my favorite big brown trout food, Galloup's Sex Dungeon.

That (polar flash?) synthetic hackle makes a great change over the schlappen.

Looks like a mixture of a sex dungeon and an articulated complex twist bugger. Great stuff man!

Circus peanut.

Im not sure this is really a circus peanut, Sure it may have some similarities, with the legs and the marabou tail, and i used a sparkly chenille for the body, and lead eyes. Now i know many streamers have similar components, but this also has 2 other body components, with the polar UV chenille, and the White Schlappen, and its got a deer hair head, which most peanuts are tied with a dubbing head from what i have seen. The Galloup circus peanut honestly doesnt look anything like this. Where do you see it as a circus peanut? I honestly am curious.

Carnage Royal Wulff

IMG_5287_zps9tlqjl4u.jpg

IMG_5292_zpss7yodwmc.jpg

IMG_5301_2_zpsbkzl3d3m.jpg

Finally; one that floats (my traditional ties never stay on top for more than a cast or two).

hook - Dai Riki 135 #10

thread - UTC 140 black

core - 8lb mono

tail - moose body hair

body - peacock herl; 2mm foam red

wing - Congo Hair white

hackle - Coachman brown

Regards,

Scott

UV2%20DNA%20RS2%20PMD_zpsyxmpycnk.jpg

UV2 DNA RS2 PMD Cripple- Chung/Variant – Daiichi 1110, #16 – #20…

PMD%20EMERGERS%20LT%20OLIVE%20GRP_zps1ht

PMD EMERGERs, LT. OLIVE…#16’s…

PT/TB

Chia ... I don't tie "game changers", so this is only based on pictures and tutorials I've seen.

They all seem to be trimmed much "tighter". Yours seems a bit "fluffy"

But like you said, it'll catch fish.

Been tying up some feathered game changers recently. He's a very bassy flavored one that has been working for me in the evenings on the local pond.

post-58182-0-00874300-1467072158_thumb.jpg

Carnage Royal Wulff

IMG_5287_zps9tlqjl4u.jpg

IMG_5292_zpss7yodwmc.jpg

IMG_5301_2_zpsbkzl3d3m.jpg

Finally; one that floats (my traditional ties never stay on top for more than a cast or two).

hook - Dai Riki 135 #10

thread - UTC 140 black

core - 8lb mono

tail - moose body hair

body - peacock herl; 2mm foam red

wing - Congo Hair white

hackle - Coachman brown

Regards,

Scott

Nice ties Scott ...foam always adds that little bit more to the flotation value of my flies.

I've also used congo hair for wing posts and wings ....it dries out pretty damn quick (couple of false casts) Thanks for sharing ..