Fly Tying
breambuster

Classic Fly Swap With A Twist

Woodenlegs, Decisions, & Stilis; you are all in with your chosen fly! Happy to have you join us.

OK, there is only one fly left, and that's the BWO Dry Fly. Who wants it?

BB

I'm in BB. Didn't see this post yesterday or I'd have jumped on Royal Wullf but the BWO is a classic and I have a good ass't of dun feathers for it.

I wish I could do this swap but I can't (spread a little thin right now) I really like this Idea of a swap !!

Steve-stabgnid

ALRIGHT! We are now full! That didn't take long. I have had several people to say that they like the idea for this swap, and I'm glad. We may have to do this again, at some point. I've thought about some other types of flies that aren't listed here. We could have a Parachute, a Streamer, a Classic Wet Fly, etc. I will have to come up with some ideas for what would be the "have to have in your box" flies for each of those categories. Anyway, I'm glad that we have this one. Remember, the due date is February 25. Looking forward to seeing these sets as they begin to arrive. I hope that a lot of swappers will follow this one. I'll try to make pictures of the flies as they arrive and that will be a good reason for others to follow the swap. OK. Everyone get busy tying your flies!

Take care

BB

What the heck is with this flies all set to go in already? Did I miss a one week time limit? C'mon guys, you make us slow tiers look bad.

And Woodenlegs, the total only has to be 12. Everybody gets one of each from each tier but not your own back. Sticking an extra or two in there for the SM is always a nice gesture but not necessary.

Davey McPhail has a nice video on tying 3 different styles of BWOs and will use that as a guideline. I like his videos and explanations.

LOL, Vicrider. Here in Kentucky it was 10 degrees this past weekend, with snow on the ground and the hot tub is busted. Tying flies by the fire seemed like a good idea.

Vicrider, I agree about Davey McPhail. I love his flies and his methods, but I sometimes I have trouble understanding his accent. Somebody posted a comment once to one of his videos and said something like, "I can't understand a word you say!" and his reply was, "Sometimes I can't understand myself!"

Take care

BB

Whoa, slow down boys! Your making the rest of us look bad. Hey I live in Canada, it's beyond cold here. Open water fishing is down but there is no stopping.... Ice fishing gear is out and enjoying the solitude in my portable ice hut instead.

I will get started on tying tomorrow night.

Cheers, Ron...

I have gotten a grand total of 3 flies done so far. I have managed to get the only two pieces of calf body hair in my state, and they are of horrific quality, takes me 10 minutes to get enough hair long enough to stack, and then mounted.

Three sets of flies have arrived so far. We have some very nice Wooly Buggers from Colonel Mel, some sweet Adams Dry Flies from Woodenlegs and an awesome Elk Hair Caddis from Idaho RC. I'll try to get some pictures up tomorrow.

Take care

BB