Fly Tying
caloosa bug

(No fly zone) Non fly caught fish pictures

That's a big ol' pig, Zip !!!

The bass in my avatar weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces. That mouth on yours looks like a 10 plus ... but I think she'd need a belly full of eggs to get there. I'm guessing she's closer to 9.

Cant argue with that.My guess would be that it just came off a bed

I see her flabby gut now...lol.

Hopefully her genes are scattered all around your local waters.

Awesome fish for sure!

Some ultra lite fun last weekend with dad and my boys.

The youngest caught the most and the biggest.

post-59266-0-20136700-1562377910_thumb.jpeg

post-59266-0-94824800-1562378624_thumb.jpeg

I read, in the local paper, that Okeechobee is developing a Blue-Green Algae problem again this year, Caloosa.

I hope it doesn't affect those pretty, big 'gills you're catching down that way.

I read, in the local paper, that Okeechobee is developing a Blue-Green Algae problem again this year, Caloosa.

I hope it doesn't affect those pretty, big 'gills you're catching down that way.

The lake has looked pretty good from what Ive seen. The blooms have been minimal so far this summer, but I dont think it impacts the population very much. I could go on a speal over lake issues, but Id rather not.

Its been an awesome few months of rotating weekends with lake o bluegill and lake Ida peacocks.

Heres a couple from this weekend on a trip with FTF member Zip.

post-59266-0-40912600-1563237716_thumb.jpeg

post-59266-0-06259200-1563240339_thumb.jpeg

Man, those are pretty !!!

Missed my chance. Doctor released me last week, and I'm already teaching classes again. No Peacock Bass for me in the near future.

We had a damn blast on Saturday!We caught so many peacocks it was crazy! Not only was the quantity nice, but the quality was legit!

First pic is the one I kept for mounting. Its 19.25 inches. FWC says you can keep one over 17 inches per day. The pictures CB and I posted are just a few of the many we caught.

On top of that, we really had an adventure. Had an iguana try and jump in the boat, I ended up wearing a ladies hat, essentially fished in people's back yards, sight fished a toad for the final of the day. We always have a good time out there.

post-3092-0-25492300-1563247315_thumb.jpg

post-3092-0-47008400-1563247342_thumb.jpg

post-3092-0-91544000-1563247991_thumb.jpg

Its been a while since I did any kind of fishing. Bought a house and moved from the southwest side of the lake to the west side of the lake, a whole 15 miles away. Now, Im literally a stones throw away from the Caloosahatchee.

So after a month and a half of packing, cleaning, sorting, painting, and fixing stuff it was time to chase some snook. This fish took about 20 hours of late night casting during weekends to get. Theyve been playing hard to get this fall.

Still havent taken the boat out since our peacock excursions this summer. Weekends are still filled with plenty to do, but hopefully I can get back out on the lake or river soon. Until then, Friday and Saturday nights, after the kids are in bed, Ill be beating the banks looking for these delicious fish to bring home. The freezer is empty, and this one was eaten before it made it there. It time to stock up before snook season ends and crappie season begins. And Im still trying to get one on fly.

post-59266-0-68814600-1571799779_thumb.jpeg

post-59266-0-27355400-1571799893_thumb.jpeg

Finally took the boat out and had a great afternoon on the river. I caught a dozen bass and a few cichlids. Then, during that magic hour right before dark, an explosion on my topwater plug really got the blood flowing. The fish pulled the bass tracker around and jumped many times to free the lure that only had one hook stuck to his lip.

Next trip during the magic hour, a fly will be making the disturbance on the surface. I had the 8wt, but never picked it up.

post-59266-1562996_thumb.jpeg

post-59266-2277772_thumb.jpeg

After a slow start to the fall snook season, the last week of season has been on fire. After getting a keeper, the bite was still going on and my youngest son wanted to catch one. So he somewhat reeled this one in as I held the rod.

post-59266-0-02587100-1574867184_thumb.jpeg