Fly Tying
breambuster

Ultralight/Panfish Jig Swap

Just think about all the money you make from speaking engagements. Why, that's how ex-politicians become millionaires. It is nice your words are still in demand for speaking to people yet. Shows the faith people have in you.

For me, I'm not able to do much except hobble around the house on the walker yet so they'll hopefully get wet this year yet.

Vic, I hope you will be up and out again very soon. Please take care of yourself. You don’t need any more setbacks.

Also, I’m not a political speaker, thank he Good Lord, nor am I the inventor of byte coins, so I’m not going to ever be anywhere near sniffing distance of “Rich.” I get by, but that’s about it.

BB

Ok guys, the good news is that the Ultralight Jigs hit the mail today. You should begin to receive them soon. Several guys sent in more than 1 set, and so you should be well pleased when you open your envelope.

I would have liked to have sent them out yesterday, but my Grandson played two games yesterday and his team finished tied for 2nd place in the Dixie Youth State Championship Tournament. They had been playing all week, and the tournament came down to 3 teams with a 1 loss each. It was double elimination. And our team was chosen by coin toss to be 1 of the teams in the first game, so whoever won that one had to play 2 games. My Grandson pitched 3 scoreless innings (games are 6 innings long in Dixie Youth) in the last game, got on base several times and scored a run. My son is the team manager (head coach) so I was at the ball field all day yesterday. But I knew you would understand.

Hope you enjoy the jigs and thanks for participating.

BB

When the flies come in put another small drop of superglue on the back of the jig head on the black marabou fly I tied.

Not sure I did this. Will improve durability.

Thanks BB for all our work on this swap.

Rick

If/when you try out my jigs be sure to tie them on with a loop knot so they hang horizontally in the water please. They are designed to imitate a minnow so the loop knot makes for the nest presentation. Thanks

Hey Guys, I have started a Clear Water Jig Swap over on the Crappie.com board. These are 1/16 or 1/32 oz jigs so a bit heavier than most of the flies we tie here. But if any of you are members there, I wanted to give you a heads up. A couple of you have already joined, but if anyone else would like to join, I would love to have you join us there.

Take care

GF

Flies arrived this am.

Like Christmas in July.

Great job everyone and I am excited to fish them.

Thank you BB for hosting.

Rick (Gillage)

With a combo of tried and true tyers and some great new comers these flies are some class examples of jighead and (mine anyway) beadhead flies. I see these in use anywhere for fish that feed bugs or fry and sincerely promise to give them a soak if I can find my way to a trout stream where I think they have as good a chance of being eaten as any "trout" fly, especially for the stockers so prominent these days. Great job and one of the few swaps where any fly in here could be singled out as special.

Was delighted to find my flies in the mail today, along with a field and stream issue, great job everybody good bag of lots of colors!