Fly Tying
TIER

How do I not accidently get hooks all over?

The magnet is the deal. I take the magnetic patch out of hook bags and lay it on my desk to put the hooks on.

This might sound stupid, but if your tying area is located on a carped floor, you could get a office chair floor mat and put it under you. At least any dropped hooks would land on it and not get lost in the carpet. If carpet is a factor here.

That works great for hooks. Beads not so much as they bounce right off the protector into the carpet. Guess how I know.

Tungsten beads, though not strongly magnetic, will be picked up by a strong magnet. Find them all the time this way. Doesn't work for brass though.

We ditto the Harbor Freight magnetic bowl. A couple of them have worked for us for years. Take care & ...

Maybe impale them in your feet directly from the bag? You'd lose fewer that way.

That's how I find the hooks that fall onto the floor. Just shuffle and wallah, the feet find 'em

I have magnetic sheets all over the base of my vise. Still doesn't prevent hooks from going on the floor. I have a magnetic sweep, a large magnet with a 4' handle. I run that over the floor, the rugs in the hallway, the carpet pads on the stairs to the first floor, and the living room rug. It amazes me that I find hooks in all these places, not to mention the bathroom.

The magnet is the deal. I take the magnetic patch out of hook bags and lay it on my desk to put the hooks on.

This is what I do as well.

Those bowls are great, but the coin magnets and the magnets from refrigerator advertisers in strategic places help more with the drops. I have an old CB Fire Stick on a magnetic mount that works as a sweeper. The sheet magnets are ok but never seem very strong.

Striperknight, I have a 4" HF magnetic bowl I don't use often. Thank you for the idea!

As everyone (probably) knows, you can't be too careful.

Bill_729