Satin-and-Gold-1080.jpg

Satin and Gold - Patriotic coloration

Tag - Oval Gold tinsel

Tail- Red satin fabric filaments

Ribbing - Oval gold tinsel

Body - Red satin fabric filaments

Throat - Blue satin fabric filaments

Wing - Calf tail

Everyone's a Film Critic. I'm not sure which hook style I like better. The scud or the klink. Comments gladly accepted. And as always you all are rocking the wrapping

filmCritic3.jpg

filmCritic1.jpg

filmCritic2.jpg

👍👍🎣🎣😎😎 

Hope you are getting time to float a few of your Sandan beauties in front of some Colorado fishes.  Things are opening up in North Wyoming, supposedly temps in 60’s for several days in a row.  

4 minutes ago, Flat Rock native said:

👍👍🎣🎣😎😎 

Hope you are getting time to float a few of your Sandan beauties in front of some Colorado fishes.  Things are opening up in North Wyoming, supposedly temps in 60’s for several days in a row.  

Thanks Flat Rock native. Was out on the local tail water Sunday.  Amazing day. Nymphs from 9,30 - 11. After that it was the hatch that never ended. Easily a 20+ fish day. Not all netted but hook ups. Some nice fish in the netted column though. Gonna try and float some those film critics this weekend.  60's sounds good, the fish up there have to hungry. Go get 'em.

2 hours ago, cphubert said:

Never knew the proper name, I picked one up from a shop years ago and have been tying them, the green machine, and carter's bugs for salmon. Glad to know the name! Thanks!

Yeah, Shady Lady is basically a black green machine.  We fish small green machines with and without tails for brookies.  For many years my salmon fishing choice was buck bugs or bombers   Bryant Freeman turned me onto Carter Bugs.  I don't tie them.  A trip to his shop or a show and have his ties c/w great story or some well worded bs is part of the fun.  

A few more fork tails. The first has a mix of wood duck colored rabbit dub mixed with orange angora goat dub for a body. The second has Dave Whitlock fox squirrel abdomen dubbing for a body. 

Fork Tail 2.jpg

Fork Tail 3.jpg

Nealley’s Brown Drake

49810461382_397ac121cc_c.jpg

49810461647_e47691766a_c.jpg

49809608563_4c74eb1852_c.jpg

A few mods to the original.

hook - Dai Riki 300 #10
thread - UTC 140 brown/Danville Flymaster Plus tan (wing/head only)
tail - moose body hair
body - 1mm foam tan
shellback - elk hair dark
ribbing - tying thread
legs - medium rubber brown
wing/PFD - deer hair

Regards,
Scott

Gill getter.

Down eye hook size 10

5 wraps lead

Moose hair tail, shell back

White rubber legs

Chartreuse WB chenille

6/0 thread

liquid fusion over shell back and thread

I hate to post after SBPatt!

20200423_131103.jpg

7 hours ago, WJG said:

Yeah, Shady Lady is basically a black green machine.  We fish small green machines with and without tails for brookies.  For many years my salmon fishing choice was buck bugs or bombers   Bryant Freeman turned me onto Carter Bugs.  I don't tie them.  A trip to his shop or a show and have his ties c/w great story or some well worded bs is part of the fun.  

I miss Bryant's basement, used to spend some time there when we camped on the Bay of Fundy learned a lot about dying material and making sauerkraut. Nobody can tie a carter's bug as "badly" as he does. He is a true gentleman of the sport I miss stopping to see him and Sugar on my way thru to Nova Scotia or PEI.

1 hour ago, TheCream said:

pR0jp95l.jpg

Nice Jeff!
This is my Micro Game Changer version but much much longer.
93289152_3208412165836736_64575470196060

Kimo