Fly Tying
breambuster

Trout Jig Fly Round - Well-Stocked Fly Box

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED

As promised last month, this round of the Well-Stocked Fly Box Series is for a Trout Jigs as used in Euro-Nymphing. I am asking that jig hooks be used because they run through the water with the point up. I am also asking that the hook be no larger than #12 to keep this a trout swap. If you need ideas about the patterns, Flytire posted websites with picture in my post from a month ago. All the usual rules apply. Include a SASE with your flies, please. Be sure to have enough postage for the return. You will tie as many flies as participants and not get back one of your own. Extras are, by no means, required. Due date will be June 5, with an absolute cut-off, without an extremely good excuse, by June 10. Be aware that the mail here seems to be running a day or 2 slower since coronavirus. Hope you will join us in this round.

Also, I want to let you know that this is the next to the last round in this series. Doing this many swaps in this short a period of time is a job and I need a break. However, Vicrider has contacted me with a suggestion, and the more I have thought about it, the more I have realized that his idea is the perfect way to end this series. I can’t wait to tell you about it on June 5, (but I will😀). 

BB

Swapmeister - Ginger Snap

1. Woodenlegs - Napolean’s Dynamite - Received

2. Flytire - TBA - Received

3. Stabgnid - March Brown Nymph - Received

4. Vicrider - TBA - Received

5. Johnw1986 - TBA Received 

6.  Shmang - TBA - Received

7. Nikever - Fox Squirrel Nymph - 

8. Pickin6ofem - TBA - Received

9. Majestyja - TBA - Received

10. Mosko - TBA -Received

THIS SWAP IS CLOSED

Woodenlegs, Flytire And Stabgnid, you guys are all in and welcome. Flytire, I’m glad you decided to join us. It will be good to be swapping with you again. I look forward to seeing what you will come up with. Thanks, Guys.

BB

Mine are done but playing with a few other ideas on true Euro nymphs thanks to flytire's links. Oh yeah, I'm in by the way. I could have beaten Woodenlegs but didn't think it would be fair if I mailed mine even before the swap was officially open.😄

Euro-Jig-Style-Flies.jpg

Euro Style Jig Nymph

Hook - Gamakatsu J20-B size 12

Bead - Gold tungsten

Thread - Yellow

Tail - Coq de Leon

Body - Stripped peacock quill

Thorax - UV Light yellow ice dub

these will be in the mail this week

thanks

I would like to join please.  Pattern TBD but it will be a size 16.  Thanks

Hi, Shmang. You are in. Happy to have you join us.

That puts us at 6 swappers and the ‘Meister, which leaves us 6 more open spaces. Sign ups will stay open through May 10. If you are thinking about joining, we would be glad to have you sign up. 

BB

Well thanks to you BB I’m in! I’ll do a hares ear or PT. Thanks for reaching out!! 

Pickin’ 

I am in BB. I bought this UV dubbing rainbow dun something or other. Size 14. 

thanks for hosting.