Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Mark Knapp

14 inches of fresh powdery white stuff

Digging out of 14 inches of snow. Just got my whole yard done, now I'm going to go do some neighborhood old people. I was going to go ice fishing today because the fishing's always good on fresh ice. This sure puts a damper on ice fishing though, no one wants to fish in 12 inches of overflow.

37 minutes ago, Mark Knapp said:

Digging out of 14 inches of snow. Just got my whole yard done, now I'm going to go do some neighborhood old people. I was going to go ice fishing today because the fishing's always good on fresh ice. This sure puts a damper on ice fishing though, no one wants to fish in 12 inches of overflow.

How about some pictures, Mark.

Why do you remove the snow from your yard? I love my yard but I'm not clearing snow from it. There has got to be a very good reason for this, I just can't think of one. Do you clear the snow from your neighbors yards as well or just their driveways and walkways? 

6 hours ago, Poopdeck said:

Why do you remove the snow from your yard? I love my yard but I'm not clearing snow from it. There has got to be a very good reason for this, I just can't think of one. Do you clear the snow from your neighbors yards as well or just their driveways and walkways? 

I should have said parking lot. I don't have a yard, it's a parking lot really. I do the driveways and the walk ways for other people, they do have yards.

I didn't think anyone would want to see pictures of snow but here ya go. They were predicting 7 to 15 more inches today but it looks like it's going to miss us to the south.

My pet mammoth in the front yard. He likes snow.

20201107_154940-X3.jpg

My back yard.

20201107_155055-X3.jpg

My poor boat.

20201107_155120-X3.jpg

Any thoughts of sending snow to Florida can be scrapped, right now! 😡

Even those pictures have set up a shiver that'll take me all night to recover from.  🤢

5G might not spread COVID-19 ... but pictures like that can be a major cause of fatal pneumonia !!!

march, 1993, we had 72 degrees on Thursday or Friday. Storm hit and dumped 21 inches in SE TN, north GA, in a band about 50 miles wide. Look at a map- no snow south of Dalton, GA or around Athens, TN. High winds knocked out power for thousands. Power companies started to work but quit until  the winds died out. College students spent spring break in Chattanooga as I-75 was closed. TV station made the mistake of interviewing a lady from Canada. Didn't have much good to say about the snow removal program here.

I skipped ice fishing this weekend to plow our snow. 100 miles down the road where I was going to go ice fishing, they had no snow and someone caught a 28 inch rainbow in my favorite lake. New ice is hot.