Fly Tying
dogfacedoc

I bearly get the time to tie these days

Parents are downsizing, sent me some taxidermy. I spent the afternoon cleaning it up. Compressed air, windex, and Vaseline made it look pretty good.

20220218_143531.jpg

20220218_140025.jpg

20220218_181545.jpg

For some reason I thought you were a Veterinarian. Do you do taxidermy work on the side or what? Nice cleanup but then what do you do with it? I'd think a bar would be the only market I can think of.

15 hours ago, vicrider said:

For some reason I thought you were a Veterinarian. Do you do taxidermy work on the side or what? Nice cleanup but then what do you do with it? I'd think a bar would be the only market I can think of.

Yeah, I thought he was a K9 ear, nose and throat guy, turns out he's a Military doctor.

DarrellP is the forum's resident veterinarian.

I'm a former medic(doc) and was in the 3rd Infantry Division (Dogface Soldiers). My taxidermy work is just prepping deer tails with borax and I've done one skull mount. 

This one will hang on the wall, once I find a spot big enough. My wife has a Kudu from Africa, and we will have 3 whitetail shoulder mounts once my latest one comes back. 

The top one's a selfie, and the bottom one I took of my wife when I came home from a long day of work.

😉

Oh, wait.  I didn't see the pictures correctly.  That's you, IN a bear suit.  I thought you were the bear on the guy's head.  That  would make the bear in the bottom picture your ... 

Oh, now I get it !!!

On 2/19/2022 at 9:04 PM, Steeldrifter said:

I better go put my waders on...gettin pretty deep in here 😁

Waders, phooey! I'm getting in the canoe! Keep part for the flower beds.