Fly Tying
DFoster

Skunked?

This is a small Massachusetts river 20 minutes from my home.  I usually do OK here but not yesterday.  The only thing I caught was 2 hours of crisp autumn air in my lungs and views that to my eye rival any location on the planet.  I can't wait to go again!  

896193538_IMG_5103(2).thumb.JPG.fbeb5c5b7e6bb842e622f270dc6b453d.JPG

2094345722_IMG_5101(2).thumb.JPG.ad3be6cbe49688cd7b5797d23893c832.JPG

412449933_IMG_5098(3).thumb.JPG.07441602803698d040b2ea3f4423095a.JPG

You may have gone fishless, but you were not skunked..... beautiful place and pics! Thanks for sharing.

If that was close to my home , my wife would never see me.

Drop dead gorgeous!  you are a lucky man.

12 hours ago, feathers5 said:

So beautiful. Sometimes I just go and sit in those kind of places just to enjoy it.

There is a nice wide gravel path that parallels the river and my wife and I often take our pups for walks there.  

1 hour ago, gillage said:

If that was close to my home , my wife would never see me.

Drop dead gorgeous!  you are a lucky man.

In central Massachusetts we do have our share of beautiful freestone streams.  I have a dozen stream locations I fish within a 20 minute car ride. That's fortunate given the price of fuel these days.   I'm blessed to have a wonderful little river that I often walk too and fish after work.  It's less than a 1000' behind my home.   Rivers and streams are beautiful year round but in the autumn they can take your breath away.   

I fish for the experience of being there, I think most of us do. With that in mind and since you had a great experience, I would say you did not get skunked. If all you had intended to do was bring home some fish, you could have gone to the market.

I wish for you, many more happy days like that.

On 10/20/2022 at 5:30 PM, Mark Knapp said:

I fish for the experience of being there, I think most of us do. With that in mind and since you had a great experience, I would say you did not get skunked. If all you had intended to do was bring home some fish, you could have gone to the market.

I wish for you, many more happy days like that.

Thanks Mark. I wish the same for you.  

19 hours ago, MuskyFlyGuy said:

Please keep posting more of those great pictures. 
Tom

Tom I would love too- BUT we had some recent wind and rain that did it's part to knock a lot of the leaves down.  Sadly as beautiful as it is at peak the foliage doesn't last for long.

Last week was the kick off of yet another major home renovation project.  We are having all of our windows replaced along with new siding.  These are new construction windows and contractor is having to reframe to accommodate the new look my wife wants. The crew has been on site from sun up to sun down when it isn't raining so my fishing season has come to a screeching halt at least for now.  It looks like they will be wrapping up at the end of this week.   The need to build a new set of front stairs is looming for me.  I also will trim out the interior of each window but I'm going to try to save that work for the when the weather turns ugly.

12 hours ago, cencalfly said:

You were not skunked. You were given a deep view of the ephemeral beauty so many pass by and/or take for granted.  Breath in that fresh clean cool air and renew the spirit.  

You were not skunked. You were blessed.

P.S.  Catching fish is cool too :)

Well said-  I did land a nice Bow a few days later on a different river but surrounded by equally beautiful scenery. Given our home renovation project that might be my last fish for a little while.