Fly Tying

Favorite Warmwater species

What are your favorite target species for warmwater?  

431 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pike are by far my number one, but then again i will say that any fish that can bit and leave a scar is good Try a 36" dogfish on a 4-wieght and then talk about a challenge.

Walleye :bugeyes:

I jig for walleye from shore with spinning rods with friends and really got to know the fish, so when i switched over to good old mister fly rod my love of the elusive walleye came along with me. I find in the early spring months if you know your spots they are just as easy to land on a floating line with a bead head streamer as any bass. so i choose walleye on the fly, bye.

Druce

To me there is nothing finer than a day strolling through the shallows in my canoe getting Bluegills on surface flies with my 3 weight...

Smallmouth are the most exciting to catch with their topwater takes and fighting ability, however walleye are the tastiest.

I think Bluegill are a load of fun, bass put meat on the table, but hands down there is nothing like landing a large carp on light tackle for serious fun.

Just had to wade in. Been catching inland stripers in Tennessee on the fly for decades. Our stripers get over sixty pounds. I know it's not fair, they are transplants from the salt but they are at least for now a "warm water species." A sixty pound striper in heavy current is formidable.

My favorite is whatever is chewing on my hook :rolleyes: , but I'm usually fishing for bluegill or bass :lol: . Would like to try for some carp this summer, also. haven't hooked one of those on the fly rod, yet.