Fly Tying
DarrellP

Favorite panfish fly swap-IN THE MAIL

5 hours ago, vicrider said:

The catepillar

That is a great looking fly - is the body just floss?

Body is yellow silk floss with 3 rows of herl over top.  I have tied some Crackelbacks with strips of foam spiraled for body and if you want a fly to float a beadhead below it this will do it.

I owe an apology to all in this swap.  I slept on this one - had the flies tied on May 8th and last night sat down to tie a couple bass poppers and noticed they're sitting on the corner of my table.  They'll be dropped off at the post office today.  Sorry I'm late.

-Blaine

8 hours ago, DarrellP said:

Still waiting on one set.  I will give it until the seventh.

That is me.  

I would like to apologize to the other swappers for my tardiness.  

Once again, I had my flies finished early, and completely whiffed getting them in on time. 

The last two weeks have been crazy here between traveling outside my normal area for work, 2 daughters graduating on the same week-end, getting one ready to move to CA, scheduling 24/7 care for my elderly parents with my siblings while balancing the start of summer get-aways between us all, its been a real madhouse. 

I sometimes wonder if Summer is worth all the hustle and bustle that comes with it.  Off to West Virginia in two days for my youngest daughter's college orientation - ha ha.  If only there was time to wet a fly.  

In any case, they are now on their way and should arrive by the end of the week.  

Got mine in the mail today - some finely tied flies!  Thanks for hosting this swap, Dr. D!

Kim

Looking forward to these since panfish, bass and cats are all I have to fish for here in smaller reservoirs.

Edit to add...Picked up in today's mail and they are going into a box that is liable to be used this summer, something that hasn't happened for awhile for me.

Got some great additions to the panfish box yesterday - thank you Darrell for hosting and all who participated.  

I know it's not right to mess with anyone's flies but I did cut down someone's rubber legs (you know who you are) to get them in my fly box without sticking out edges and getting cut anyway. A can't help but think a couple of these would entice the spotted dace in some of the cold water streams also.