Fly Tying
vicrider

How about some Bass flies

Sounds good Rich. I've had some of that around for a long time and never found a use for it. In playing with something to come up with in this swap I found a use for it. Using it as part of the body inbetween marabout and Ice dub on the hooks for the articulated streamer. Mine is called some form of one sided flash chenille but is basically eyelash material (I think).

Mine is Palmer Chenille and I think it is quite a bit different from the eyelash yarn used for a lot of leech ties. It's similar to 1/2 inch strands of Estaz but only on one side of the string. Adds a lot of flash to center of fly between marabout and ice dub. Also makes a flashy Bugger.

After some discussion with my fly shop they said that a slump buster catches more bass around here than any thing so I'm changing mine fly to that instead of something articulated..

Steve-stabgnid

Smallie-Swiper1080.jpg

Smallie Swiper

Mark Dysinger - Originator

Hook - Mustad R75AP, size 6
Thread - Olive
Eyes - Dumbbell
Tail - Zonker strip
Tail flash - Krystal flash
Tail #2 - Marabou or pheasant rump
Body - Olive Chenille

Been without internet for weekend. Storm came through with true hurricane type straight line winds. No tornadoes but 100mph winds and knocked down poles and towers and put us without power for about 20 hours and no internet from Friday afternoon. Missed us directly but we had gusts that probably were in the 50+ area. No damage in town except a few old shingles flying off. One thing with this rather active weather patterns we've had for last few weeks is our reservoirs and farm ponds are back up to full pool and ramps are looking good again. So flytire and Darrell came through on Saturday and looking like a good start to this swap.