Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable 2023 trip daily updates

Look at the light I give off, I must be an angel 🤣

Slower night tonight, but did manage one really nice big brown again. I think I'm starting to get spoiled!

7wVbunL.jpg

Looks like a great trip! Those are some beautiful browns. I fish a different branch of the river which is running low in the extreme, maybe this rain coming this weekend will help. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Mike.

2 hours ago, richmce said:

is it too early for the night mouse fly bite ?

I don't think so. I actually saw a real small field mouse in the river a couple evenings ago that must have down so I'm sure mousing would most likely be doable by now.

1 hour ago, partsman said:

Looks like a great trip! Those are some beautiful browns. I fish a different branch of the river which is running low in the extreme, maybe this rain coming this weekend will help. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Mike.

Yeah supposed to start raining this evening and get around 1" or more of rain over the next 2-3 days, as well as highs on Tuesday of only 67. My fingers are crossed that gets the mid day fishing going a bit better once again for this final week of the trip.

Man that looks like fun! Some nice fish you're getting this year. 👍

4 hours ago, Steeldrifter said:

The things you see out in the middle of the woods 😆

Me and the kids went hiking this weekend to go swimming at Fisheating creek. We came across some cypress knees that were painted like knomes. 🤣

Steve,

I am so glad to read about your exploits and see pictures of the magnificent fish you are catching. Trips like that are a real blessing for the mind and body. 
Tom

It certainly is Tom. I look forward to this trip every year, it's the highlight of my year to be honest. And this year it has not disappointed at all. It's been such a great time.

Good early hex spinnerfall tonight. No big browns rising to it but some hex eating rainbows of decent size are always fun. Also heard a big pack of coyotes howling away in the dark which is always cool, and came across a deer right in front of me on the walk out of the woods. Nothing like glowing eyes of a large animal running 20ft across in front of you in the dark to give your heart a jump start 😆

ljkcI6k.jpg

gwIORit.jpg

Weather sucks so not going to tryin' fish tonight. Tomorrow is my last day, so will concentrate all my efforts into tomorrow night hopefully. Just going through some pictures from the trip and had not shared this one yet. It's one of my favorites from the trip releasing this beautiful brown trout back into the Au Sable.

jnNVsyi.jpg