Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

The Memory Lane Swap - FLIES SHIPPED

3 hours ago, psychoprince said:

Flies are in the mail. Should arrive by the 2nd or 3rd. Thanks for hosting!

tracking info:

Thanks psychoprince -- I'll keep an eye out for them 🙂

Bryon, mine have been complete and tagged for a week now but I've been a mess and will get them out tomorrow for sure. Between throwing my back out and stuck in my recliner for a few days, then a nasty toothache, then two teeth pulled for a $600 bill, it's been a bad couple of weeks for me. Actually, a bad couple of months for me. They will go out tomorrow and I'll do the write-up on the story behind them tomorrow too. I don't have a way to print it I don't think but I'll try or else PM it to you.

Nick

Sorry I'm late with my little story.

I started fly fishing about 12 years ago. I am within a few hours of all different fisheries. I started with warm water streams and ponds. Sunfish, bluegill, smal and large mouth bass. Soon I expanded into the local stocked trout streams. One of my early mentors told me he only fished fished wild trout. By this time i had started tying my own fliesmy first trout was a stocker on the Big Bushkill river on a wet fly. I set my sites on a  wild trout only tailwater about an hour from home, Big Gunpowder falls, nice tailwater stream. Was some fairly rugged terrain for my out of  shape late 50's body. Densly wooded with pretty steep elevation changes. I heard partridge and orange was a good fly here, so I had tied up some. A few hours later worn out and ready to give up, I felt the tug and landed a nice 7-8 inch wild trout. Caught on a flie I tied (first time). Two firsts in one day. Went home smiling. Still love the wet flies. So try my partridge and orange, especially if you haven't before. Easy to tie and easy to fish.

14 barbless Patridge hook wide gape 

Pearsalls orange silk thread

Fine or extra fine silver wire

Hackle Hungarian partridge