Fly Tying
Bryon Anderson

The Memory Lane Swap - FLIES SHIPPED

3 hours ago, jvmills said:

Please send me Venmo account and return amount to v.mills64gmail.com

JV, no Christmas swap this year? Lots of extra goodies this year. 

Nick

So since my computer went south I don't have a printer or word on this tablet. Here's my story to go with the fly..

Old McDonald had a farm E I E I O...And on this farm he had two ponds E I E I O...
Well, that farm was in central IL and the story is one pond was deeper and kept fish year around and full of stunted bluegills. The other pond froze out every few years. On the years it froze out and fish got killed off he'd seine the stunted pond and dump those fish in the swampy pond in the spring. That year those stunted bluegills with no competition would blossom in the swampy pond just full of things to eat. By fall we'd be catching hand size and bigger 'gills and if we had a mild winter the next year we'd catch bluegills that you could lay in your hand and the tail would cover your watch. These fish you had to grab from underneath since they were too tall to hold like normally done. 

Sadly in the years I lived there we only had a couple of the great years and then it either froze out or the word would go out and it would clobbered by the bobber and worm fishermen. For some reason the White Miller was the fly I started with in the pond and never changed up. It was quite a thrill in that shallow water to watch that fly land and two or three humps of water would race toward the splash. Many times we were sure there were a few bass in the pond but all we ever caught were gills and they weighed as much the second year as the average small bass and fought just as hard. That fly caught me a lot of panfish for the pan over the years I was doing a lot of fishing but it does have a tendency to twist a tippet though.

Quick update folks - due to circumstances beyond anyone's control, it will be a few days yet before I have everyone's flies. I will keep you posted and will get everyone's fly sets on the way to them in the mail as soon as I can. Thanks for your patience. :)

Good news! All flies are now here, so I will get them repackaged and back in the mail to everyone (hopefully) tomorrow; Monday at the latest. This is going to be a great set of flies -- thanks to all who participated! :)

Flies are packaged up and ready to mail out....left the house at 4:30 today to get to the post office before they closed at 5:00, and guess what? As of today, they close at 4:30. 😡

So flies will ship out tomorrow; sorry about that. 

Flies are in the mail! They should all be arriving within 3 to 5 days. I do still plan on posting photos of each fly with its accompanying story on the Swaps forum. 

Got mine. Now I'm looking for you or the owner to post his story like I did. If it's a special fly than there's a story behind it.

4 hours ago, vicrider said:

Got mine. Now I'm looking for you or the owner to post his story like I did. If it's a special fly than there's a story behind it.

I have all the flies photographed and their stories with them. I'll be working on posting them all tomorrow after I wake up from my food coma 😄