Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

Downed zero

Even though I have all my Christmas shopping for family done I decided to do something for my Nephew. If I don't have 100 things going all at once I wouldn't be happy 🤪 My Nephew is a big History/ww2 guy and quite a history/aviation buff. So I made this Corsair v Zero dogfight diorama for him all from scratch. 3D printed the planes, used an old end table as the base and then used bondo for the waves of the ocean. Airbrushed it, then water spray is cotton & clear silicone mixed. The Fire is cotton glued on a thin wire then airbrushed. Came out pretty neat I think he's gonna like it.

4yYcT2A.jpg

5tYCAe4.jpg

Iwy3vAJ.jpg

C1Zig7L.jpg

YMZBEgD.jpg

qvBT3XP.jpg

t5U0MMw.jpg

mTfjkpJ.jpg

Nice work! . . . much harder than it looks.  I've been working on a WWII Army Jeep model with my grandson - very challenging for us both. 

I went to Radford high school on Oahu and visited the USS Arizona Memorial - puts a knot in your throat even 80 years later.  "Lest we forget" . . . 

Regards,  

image.png.789c234292d6e613b30ca8785b8d9806.png

Fantastic work as usual Steve. Maybe someday I'll have to get off my recliner and try some things besides TV. How old is the lucky receiver of these gifts? Regardless of age it will one of his treasure gifts for years.

Outstanding work... Funny thing early in the war the Zeros were hard to beat and it took our aviators a while to come up with the tactics needed to defeat them... Once we did - it was all part of the process of defeating them - all those years ago.

8 hours ago, vicrider said:

Fantastic work as usual Steve. Maybe someday I'll have to get off my recliner and try some things besides TV. How old is the lucky receiver of these gifts? Regardless of age it will one of his treasure gifts for years.

He's 29yrs old. He's been into Aviation/ww2 stuff since he was a little kid though. He does a lot of model himself but he doesn't do any sort of diorama type stuff so this should be something a bit different for him.