Fly Tying

FTOTY Contest - VOTE NOW!!!!!

I think the biggest tease is that you can't go back and see them after you've voted. I'm hoping that it;s just pat of Will's plot to drive us crazy with suspense till the voting is closed

Yes I agree! I thought that too!

All I can say is wow...everyone did a fantastic job and everyone is a winner in my book!

:headbang: Excellent, excellent, excellent! :headbang:

:yahoo: absolutely the greatest display of talent I have seen on any other board. I would guess that in about 5 years or so I'll be ready to compete. Great job to all the tyers. You all deserve to win. Howard

The votes continue to pour in and there are some VERY tight races in a few categories. So far it has been exciting to see the votes as they come in. I have seen flies take an early lead and then in the past day they have been overtaken by new leaders, it is a very cool thing to witness.

Since the votes are still coming strong I will wait to announce the end of the voting.

I do want to calm down some of the fears that I feel some may be having. I designed the voting software so that every vote is logged and I know exactly who voted for what fly. This is put into place so that the voting remains fair and honest. If somebody created 100 different names and voted for themself, I would certainly know that. I have been contacted by a few members with this concern and I can assure everyone that I have made the necessary precautions to ensure that every vote is legitamate and I plan to comb through the votes of every winner to make sure the votes are honest. So sleep easy, everything is under control. ;)

Dear SH

The competition's great, it's also great to look at what everyone else is doing with fluff and hooks - only two minor things, for some reason on my machine (a Mac running Explorer) the pics won't enlarge.

The other thing is that it would be nice to be able to revisit entres after you've voted in that section - just to admire them.

All the best

Dave

Hey Will! Sounds good that you hace everything under control! Are there anyway to access the photos of the flies after you have placed you votes just to look at them again?

/Ulf

I realized yesterday when I set up an account for my son that someone would have to have a lot of free time to sign up for 100 different accounts, not only would they have to remember all the user names they set up accounts for, but they'd have to have a different email address for each one.

There certainly are great ties in there and the realistic patterns just blow my mind everytime I look at them. It took a while, but I voted in every category and give a round of applause to all who participated.

Vinnie