Fly Tying
bryston

fly you hate to tie

Muddler minnow or sculpins have been the best fly that Ive used on browns

and have caught many if not most off this fly ,also excellent on bass.

spun deer has a purpose!!!

the only dry fly that i have tied and is complicated enough for me,(i dont think it has a name) it has some hackel fibers for tail, white dubbing(would like to try charterhuse) and a hackle up front. not much but it looks cool other than that drys

This is a tough one for me, about 5 months ago I would have been with the rest of you and said dries or spun deer hair, but one day in december I finally got the deer hair thing down, and since I needed dries for my fly box stocking, I finally got them down and actually like to tie them now. I'd have to say zoo cougars. They're a fly I really love to fish, but the part that ticks me off is the mallard feather wing. Seems like all the mallard feathers I have are always too cupped and won't sit how I want them to. I pretty much gave up on the mallard flank for them and started tying marabou muddlers and woolly sculpins instead.

Bombers, with all that hair spinning and trimming. Fortunately, I stuck with them long enough a few years back to fill a box. It takes me so long to regain the knack of tying them that I'm not looking forward to the next batch.

-- Bill

One fly that I don't like to ty is a pink micro chenille san yuan worm. Not that they're hard to ty it's the fact that I know that I'll only get a few drifts on them before they're totally destroyed because anything and everything will hit them as they drift along. So spend all day releasing fish and tying on new flies ;)

Ken B)

I love tying dry flies !!! my personal best is a size 22 . then I breathed after I took it out of the vise and spent half an hour on the floor looking for it.

I hate spinning deer hair, but I'm going to keep trying until I can do it good.

Dry flies hands down....

Started tying not long ago and one I also had trouble with right away was the Elk Hair Caddis. Now that I have been tying a little while I think I am going to tackle it again.

I'm sure your all dying to know how it turns out ................

Slacker

Anything that is called a dryfly or a nymph. Troutbum EP is great to tie with I find it to creative to get boring. I am tieing alot of SW streamers with lately and boredom is not a problem.

Dave