Fly Tying
Funnel30

Looking for Flies

Hi,

Just looking to purchase some flies and was wondering if anyone new some places to purchase good quality flies online.

I came across a website called the Fly Shack, has anyone used their flies before? If so how have your experiences been.

Thanks

A 3rd vote for www.day5flies.com! Gosh I think 90% of my flies are from his site!! :headbang: :D

Thanks for the responses and guidance so far. I just wondering because you see these websites offering flies for 79 cents and wasn't sure if anyone had experience with them. Obviously it sounds as though you get what you paid for in terms of quality.

A lot of the websites I have looked at won't list the type of hooks they use nor the materials so it made me skeptical of making any purchases.

My winter procrastination is going to haunt my wallet this summer.

Tight lines all

for a larger variety of flies, i'd recommend

hills discount flies

kbe flyfishing

blue fly cafe

yagers flies

all have darn good quality flies.

But I can also recommend www.anglerschoiceflies.com Every fly fisherman should have 4 dozen foxy bastards!!! To start anyway!

I second that ;)

as for the sites that offer flies super cheap...you may get lucky but many times you get what you pay for

Another one that I have bought from and have extremely nice flies is www.TheFlyStop.com They sell theirs for .55 plus shipping which I believe is $2 or $3 per order.

You can pick up the flies cheap and yes some of the quality is fine. As much as anything you need to decide if you want to support local tiers or tiers in China or Kenya that tie flies for less than $10 per gross. :(

Out of all these responses, it surprises me that only carlp5351 suggested the Fly Market on J. Stockard. Talk about supporting local tiers.

Bud Your flys are worth it :lol: Crap tied over seas are that.........crap. No thread base and can be twisted just holding them. I give props to the Forum members tying for public sale. Worth the rubles.

Brent.