Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
ibian

Pike Fly Swap

Guest rich mc

got mine tied up. tied two last night then lake tested them this morning . and they are on ec 413 size 3/0. chart tail with flash, white body , perchy green top wings, white and pink botttom wings , large aluminum eyes with glued on pupils , also a red head. will be sending them out this week. rich mc

Chance, Address sent can't wait to see them.

Rich there sounding great. :headbang:

Just wondering what everyone is using to send these big flies???

I am having trouble finding something to send them in...

Flies or done been done just need something to send them in now.. I might just buy plastic lure holder from wal mart.

Chance

Guest rich mc

i plan to put mine ina heavy duty freezer bag , between some cardboard. then put ina bubble pack with a return pack. rich

Chance, Rich is on the right track for packaging, a plastic lure box probably would not fit in the mailing "slot size" for the return. You want to try and keep the total package no larger than the height of an altoids tin. Another thing that might work is a cheap 12 peice mathematical compass set. I just pick one up on sale for $1 just for shipping flies. I kept the tin and gave the contents away.

Ian

Visual reference only I did not buy this one.

P-3918487330.jpg

a dvd case works well also

And if you want a custom pike fly box for the really big ones you can use an VHS tape cover with some foam glued to the inside. For those of you younger tiers you might have to google VHS to know what I'm talking about :hyst:. To feel really old I guess the Sony Beta boxes would be a good size too for the mid size streamers. :wheelchair:

The thing with the sony Beta boxes they are 1 1/2" to small for my flies!! :hyst: :hyst:

tyrite

post-21190-1253708333_thumb.jpgSorry about the delay, I had some material issues, could not get what I needed. So I had to make do with what I have.

Will not all be the same color.

The front hook will be a partridge Ad Swier pike hook cs45bn or cs43, the back hook a gamakatsu octopus.

I am going pike fishing for 7 days, going to fish White Lake and Lake Nipigon. When I get back I will send out the flies.

Got 3 more to tie.

Steve

post-21190-1253708333_thumb.jpgSorry about the delay, I had some material issues, could not get what I needed. So I had to make do with what I have.

Will not all be the same color.

The front hook will be a partridge Ad Swier pike hook cs45bn or cs43, the back hook a gamakatsu octopus.

I am going pike fishing for 7 days, going to fish White Lake and Lake Nipigon. When I get back I will send out the flies.

Got 3 more to tie.

Steve

Nice fly but if your going to Lake Nipigon in Northern Ontario you don't want to use it. I was up there this summer and a lot of people are not aware of the strict fishing regualtion they have up there. Big lake, big rules and really big freakin fish.

Lake Nipigon is a single barbless hook only, 1 per line. Brook trout closed on labour day.

Theres lots including:

Lake Nipigon and all tributaries

No person shall use or posses stringers, impounding devices or live holding

boxes (this applies regardless of whether the live holding box forms part of or is

attached to a boat).

Tight lines,

Ian