Fly Tying
fly tryer

the one you turn to

My fly will be an early black stone nymph. size 16 or 18. From patterns Ive seen here, Ive been wanting to get some black seal fur and really "bug up" this early season producer.

I've been meaning to get some but dont recall seeing it on Stockard or feather-craft. Anyone have a good source?

Change in plans I will no longer be tying the prince of darkness as it is giving me head ache. No Joke. So instead I will be tying my go to large bait fish pattern Marabou Streamer. Simple, effective and it doesn't have biots!

Come on Wellman, dont be a puss. :P Ive practically gone bald pulling my hair in tying these Gartside Pheasant Hoppers for the Gartside Memorial swap. I will have more "almost there" attempts for my box that I care to think about. The challenge for me is spinning and stacking these little heads but as frustrating as they have been, I was real proud of the head I spun last night. That is until I try to pack it too much to jam more hair on the hook and severely bent the hook. :wallbash: About the third bend or break ive done so far.

We have faith in you Wellman and I was really interested to see the Prince of Darkness. :headbang:

Rick (RP3)

I got your flies today, nice job buddy, I will catch my first ever steelhead on one of them later this year!! I will post a picture when it happens.

Did you send the return addy etc under separate cover?

Steve

Guys

Don't forget it can take up to 3 weeks to get your flies here in Canada,so how are they coming along ?

I have had the first set through from RP3, and what great looking flies they are !! I will break my steelhead skunk with these guys for sure!!

Steve