Fly Tying
breambuster

TERRESTRIALS!!!

Hey guys, I'm going to move the due date for this swap back from the 21st until the 31st. That gives you 10 more days to get your flies done. Hopefully it will be an incentive for more people to join. It gives everyone more time after Christmas. After talking to some folks, I think that's the way to go.

Hope that isn't a problem for anyone. I don't think it should be.

Take care

BB

Hi Njardar. Welcome to the swap. Glad to have you aboard. I've looked at both the Henry's Fork Cricket and the Letort, and while they are similar, they are also some major difference. Whereas the Letort has a clipped hair head, the Henry's Fork is a bullet head. So I think you will be good tying the Letort. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. It's a great pattern. Thanks for signing up. I think this is the first time we've swapped, so I'm excited to have you in on this one.

Take care

BB

Thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone ties. And thanks for the extension our class projects. ;)

I'm in if you'll have me. I'll tie up a Clodhopper variant pattern that I tried out several times on the water this fall and just nailed 'em with it. It is now my "go-to" topwater panfish pattern, although I imagine it will catch other fish species as well.

-- Mike

I would like to join with a foam bumble bee pattern I discovered this summer that killed the sunfish. I promise BB thye will be better than my Bluegill Swap outting. :rolleyes:

Alright! Now this is more like it! Hairstacker & Smokinprice I'm delighted to have you both in on this one. And two more patterns that I know I'm going to want to learn! Welcome to both of you. And Smokinprice, I can't wait to see your flies for the Bluegill swap. I'm SURE they are going to be great-looking flies.

Take care

BB

OK, two MORE swappers! Foambug and David McVey, you are both in. That means that there are only 3 more spots open. So if anyone out there is thinking about jumping in, don't wait too long! 16 swappers is going to be the absolute limit.

David, since this is your first swap, I want you to know that I'm here for you if you have any questions, etc. Have you found your way to the PM page yet? If not, you're going to need to know how it works. Near the upper right hand corner of the screen, you will see a line of links that begins with "My Controls" and ends with "0 New Messages." Or if it has a number other than 0, it means that someone has sent you a personal message. Click on that link and it will take you to another page where you can read and reply to personal messages. It's through that link that I will send you my address (addy) when you get ready for it. Also, on the first page of this thread, my original post announcing the swap is where you can go to in order to check on the status of the swap. If you go there, you will notice that I have you down for one of the positions, and beside your name, it says "TBD." That stands for "To Be Determined." When you decide on a pattern, let me know and I'll change it. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Take care

BB

Alright! :yahoo: Hurrah! :yahoo: Frank's in! Glad to have you join us, Frank. Looking forward to seeing what you'll come up with in the terrestrial line. Thanks.

Take care

BB

Well I am done! Hee hee. A plus I have been off for the past three days with diverticulitis. I created this pattern this Summer. It worked wonders. I posted it on the site and a few people said it wasnt a true bee pattern. I will post a photo or two later to let you all see. I landed my biggest smallie of the year on it so I know it works. Photos forthcoming...