Fly Tying
breambuster

TERRESTRIALS!!!

THIS SWAP IS NOW FULL!

As any of you who have been around this site long will know, my interest is in Bluegill fishing, but I'm wanting to open this swap up to anyone. I'm thinking that some of our Coldwater folk here might can teach me a new terrestrial pattern or two that will work for 'gills as well as trout, etc. This swap will be open to 16 swappers, and each swapper will need to tie up 15 flies. You will not be getting one of your own back. Be sure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. The flies will need to be in my possession by Jan 21, 2011. I will either be tying some type of hopper or cricket, but I'll wait to see what I can come up with and what you guys decide to tie. So get out your tying table, materials, pattern books, etc; and let's see what we can come up with. I'm hoping for a LOT of top-quality ties in this swap. Let's "git 'er done!"

1. Breambuster - Skwala Hopper

2. Mr Vegas - Foam Bumble Bee

3. RRSS - Realistic Ant - Received

4. Houndog - Jassid - Received

5. BeginnerFlyTyer - Henry's Fork Cricket - Received

6. IBRB - Foam Flying Ant - Received. FIRST SET IN!

7. Nealbo - Sinking Ant - Received

8. Njardar - Letort Cricket - Received

9. NJ All Day - Chubby Muffin - Received

10. Hairstacker - Clodhopper

11. Smokinprice - Foam Bumble Bee - Received

12. Foambug - Cricket

13. David McVey - Cicada - Received

14. Student4evr - TBD

15. SamH - TBD

16 Yetavon - Chernobyl Ant - Received

This swap is now full!

You killing me BB I love fishing and tying terrestrials. But I'm cleaning and relocating my tying area so I won't be able to tie for a month... <_<

We are off to a great start here! Mr Vegas, RRSS, Houndog, IBRB & BeginnerFlyTyer, you are all in and welcome! Glad to have you all a part of this one. Sorry you can't make it, NJ. I'll catch you next time.

Beginner, this must be your first swap. Welcome to the wonderful world of fly swaps. The way it works is that you send me 15 flies of the same pattern, your Henry's Fork Cricket, in this case, in a crushproof box. I have found that an Altoids box works great for me. Put your 15 flies in the box, put the box in an envelope along with another envelope with your name & address on it, and enough postage to get it from me to you. Be sure to put a toe tag on each fly, which is just a small strip of paper with the fly's point stuck through it, and with your screen name & the name of your fly pattern written on it. Send the whole thing to me. When you're ready to mail it, let me know and I will PM you my address. We call it the "Addy." When I get everyone's flies, I'll divide them up so that each person in the swap gets one fly from each of the other swappers. And then I'll send your set of everyone else's flies back to you in the envelope with postage that you mailed to me inside your other envelope. Be sure that when you put the postage on the envelope I'll be using to send your set back to you that you don't let the people at the Post Office put one of those postage stickers that they print on the little machine at the post office. Make sure that they use real stamps. The postage stickers are dated and they are only good for the day that you pay for the postage. Glad to have you participating in this swap. I think you'll find it great fun. If you have any other questions, or if something I've written here doesn't make sense to you, let me know and I'll try to restate it.

Take care

BB

We are off to a great start here! Mr Vegas, RRSS, Houndog, IBRB & BeginnerFlyTyer, you are all in and welcome! Glad to have you all a part of this one. Sorry you can't make it, NJ. I'll catch you next time.

Beginner, this must be your first swap. Welcome to the wonderful world of fly swaps. The way it works is that you send me 15 flies of the same pattern, your Henry's Fork Cricket, in this case, in a crushproof box. I have found that an Altoids box works great for me. Put your 15 flies in the box, put the box in an envelope along with another envelope with your name & address on it, and enough postage to get it from me to you. Be sure to put a toe tag on each fly, which is just a small strip of paper with the fly's point stuck through it, and with your screen name & the name of your fly pattern written on it. Send the whole thing to me. When you're ready to mail it, let me know and I will PM you my address. We call it the "Addy." When I get everyone's flies, I'll divide them up so that each person in the swap gets one fly from each of the other swappers. And then I'll send your set of everyone else's flies back to you in the envelope with postage that you mailed to me inside your other envelope. Be sure that when you put the postage on the envelope I'll be using to send your set back to you that you don't let the people at the Post Office put one of those postage stickers that they print on the little machine at the post office. Make sure that they use real stamps. The postage stickers are dated and they are only good for the day that you pay for the postage. Glad to have you participating in this swap. I think you'll find it great fun. If you have any other questions, or if something I've written here doesn't make sense to you, let me know and I'll try to restate it.

Take care

BB

thanks I've only traded before

Thanks, Nealbo! And welcome. I knew you wouldn't let me down! :). Glad to have you in. Looking forward to seeing your sinking ant. You'll probably have to teach me how to tie it. Have you had much fishing success with it?

Take care

BB

Hi Njardar. Welcome to the swap. Glad to have you aboard. I've looked at both the Henry's Fork Cricket and the Letort, and while they are similar, they are also some major difference. Whereas the Letort has a clipped hair head, the Henry's Fork is a bullet head. So I think you will be good tying the Letort. I'm looking forward to seeing your work. It's a great pattern. Thanks for signing up. I think this is the first time we've swapped, so I'm excited to have you in on this one.

Take care

BB

This swap isn't filling up nearly as quickly as I thought it might. We may have to revise the number of swappers downward if we don't have more to join. Maybe it's because of the holidays.

Anyway, I've decided to steal an idea from anothe swap here and sweeten the deal for all those who join this swap. In the spirit of the Christmas season, I'm going to give each swapper an added bonus. It may be an extra fly, or it may be some fly tying materials, etc. But just to make life interesting, I'll put all the extras in a hat with a number and draw them out on Christmas Eve and post what each swapper will be getting in the way of an extra. The extras will be numbered, and as I draw out the numbers, I'll match them with the order in which you guys signed up for this swap. As I said, I'll announce on Christmas Eve what gift each swapper is getting. And then when I send your set of flies back at the end of the swap, I'll include your extra as well. I hope that will make the swap a little more interesting and will get us all in the holiday mood!

Take Care

BB