Fly Tying
breambuster

TERRESTRIALS!!!

Smokinprice's flies arrived today. Man, I REALLY like this bee pattern. I like it better, having seen it "in person" than just in a photograph, and I liked it in the photograph! Very neat idea to cut the wings out of the foam. I can just imagine the 'gills tearing into that one! Thanks.

Mr Vegas, your flies still haven't arrived. If you hear that any of the other sets have arrived, please let me know.

Thanks

BB

Thx BB. I love this pattern. I just tied it last year and it slayed the river panfish. I caught quite a few smallies on it as well. Cant wait to see photos from everyone on what they catch with it.

Smokinprice's flies arrived today. Man, I REALLY like this bee pattern. I like it better, having seen it "in person" than just in a photograph, and I liked it in the photograph! Very neat idea to cut the wings out of the foam. I can just imagine the 'gills tearing into that one! Thanks.

Mr Vegas, your flies still haven't arrived. If you hear that any of the other sets have arrived, please let me know.

Thanks

BB

I tied 6 dozen of them so I have a ton more! If you don't see them tomorrow I will priority and set to you ASAP!

Two more sets of flies have arrived. We have some Henry Fork Crickets from BeginnerFlyTier, whose name, by the way, gives a false impression. These things look like they were tied by a Professional, not a beginner! Fantastic job there, BFT. I've never tried to tie that pattern, but I see right now that I'm going to have to learn it.

The other set is from Nealbo who sent us some ants that look like he trapped them in a picnic basket! Great work, as usual, Nealbo.

Thanks, guys for the extras!

Mr Vegas, your flies still haven't arrived. Are you sure you put stamps on the envelope? :wallbash: What about a return address? If so, maybe whatever happened to them, they will be returned to you, eventually.

Take care

BB

Just wanted to let you all know that the pattern that I'm tying for this swap is something I'm calling a "Skwala Hopper." Of course, there is no such thing. A Skwala, as I understand it, is a type of adult Stonefly. And a hopper is ... well... a Hopper! I've never seen a Skwala, that I know of, but I found a pattern for a Skwala and when I saw it, I thought, "If it was a different color, it could pass for a Hopper pattern." The Skwala pattern called for dark brown materials, and I'm tying it up in an insect green color. It's two main materials are foam and deer body hair dyed green. Hope you guys are going to like it.

Take care.

BB

BB I tried something different than I normal do. I gave my epoxy turn to Dart. So I didn't have a good way to you epoxy with out it dripping. I did my normal thread wraps around the hook shank.

Then I use delta ceramcoat vanish as the body finish. I put on any were between 5 to 7 coats on each ant.

Neal's Sinking Ant Recipe

Hook: mustad 3906

Thread: black 8/0

Body: black thread (you can use red thread for the butt, have had good luck with this)

Body Coating: delta ceramcoat varnish

Hackle: black hen hackle

Time for an update, since our deadline is coming close. Next Monday is our due date.

There are still 5 sets out, and I know about the status of some of them.

Mr Vegas is resending his after some mail theft in his area. Hope they catch the little deliquent who was doing that.

Student4evr has been battling with a nasty bug and is trying to get caught up on a couple of swaps.

Hairstacker's flies are in the mail.

The addy has been sent to SamH. Are they in the mail yet?

And Foambug. I know you requested an addy very early on. Please tell me that I sent it to you! I hope I didn't drop the ball. If you still need it, let me know. If you have it, are your flies in the mail yet?

Thanks, Guys.

BB

Two more sets came in today. We received flies from Hairstacker and SamH. Both are VERY nice ties! Great work, guys. And thanks for the extras.

That leaves 3 more sets to go. Mr Vegas, have you sent yours yet? Also, Student4evr, who has been under the weather and who has gotten behind on tying for several swaps and Foambug. Guys, please let me know when you get your flies in the mail, and I'll let everyone know when they arrive here.

Thanks

BB

Two more sets came in today. We received flies from Hairstacker and SamH. Both are VERY nice ties! Great work, guys. And thanks for the extras.

That leaves 3 more sets to go. Mr Vegas, have you sent yours yet? Also, Student4evr, who has been under the weather and who has gotten behind on tying for several swaps and Foambug. Guys, please let me know when you get your flies in the mail, and I'll let everyone know when they arrive here.

Thanks

BB

Just to bring you up to speed.

I will mail on Saturday.

Could you send me your addy

Thanks Frank

Mr Vegas' flies arrived today. A VERY nice bee pattern. You guys are going to like this one. Thanks, Mr Vegas for the extras.

There are only 2 sets out now. I believe that Student4evr's flies are in the mail, and I'm still hoping to hear something from Foambug. He hasn't been on the forum for a few days. Maybe he's snowed in! I'll let everyone one when I hear something.

Take care

BB