Fly Tying
breambuster

TERRESTRIALS!!!

Winter is a time when we experience huge lady bug invasions here. Right now, one of our guest bedrooms is over-run with lady bugs. So, I go to the mailbox today, find that Student4evr's flies have arrived, open the box, and what do I find? "Right! Lady BUGS! :wallbash: And they are dead ringers for the ones in the guest bedroom! Great tie, Frank! And thanks for the extras!

OK, that means that all but one set has arrived. I heard from Foambug yesterday that he mailed his several weeks ago, so I don't know what's up with that! But I did get a phone call today from a business that we get mail from regularly, wanting to check our mailing address. The envelope had the correct address, but it had been returned as "undeliverable as addressed!" So I don't know if Foambug's flies may have been returned for the same reason or what. Some real snafu with the mail! I don't know if it was a substitute mail carrier who couldn't find us, or what. This has never happened before. I'm going to wait a few more days and see what happens. Foambug said he would do some checking from his end. I'll let you all know if I find out anything. In the meantime, I doubt that many of you would be fishing with Terrestrials any time soon, anyway, with most of the country under blizzard conditions. However, a friend stopped by the house, yesterday, with some freshly caught Bream! (Bluegills to anyone not familiar with our Southern term) And they were DELICIOUS!

Take care

BB

Winter is a time when we experience huge lady bug invasions here. Right now, one of our guest bedrooms is over-run with lady bugs. So, I go to the mailbox today, find that Student4evr's flies have arrived, open the box, and what do I find? "Right! Lady BUGS! :wallbash: And they are dead ringers for the ones in the guest bedroom! Great tie, Frank! And thanks for the extras!

OK, that means that all but one set has arrived. I heard from Foambug yesterday that he mailed his several weeks ago, so I don't know what's up with that! But I did get a phone call today from a business that we get mail from regularly, wanting to check our mailing address. The envelope had the correct address, but it had been returned as "undeliverable as addressed!" So I don't know if Foambug's flies may have been returned for the same reason or what. Some real snafu with the mail! I don't know if it was a substitute mail carrier who couldn't find us, or what. This has never happened before. I'm going to wait a few more days and see what happens. Foambug said he would do some checking from his end. I'll let you all know if I find out anything. In the meantime, I doubt that many of you would be fishing with Terrestrials any time soon, anyway, with most of the country under blizzard conditions. However, a friend stopped by the house, yesterday, with some freshly caught Bream! (Bluegills to anyone not familiar with our Southern term) And they were DELICIOUS!

Take care

BB

you know they say brag was a good dog till his tail got cut off :hyst:

actually I am going to go get some gills this weekend through the ice I'd share with you BB but your a bit far away

I'm going to wait a few more days and see what happens. Foambug said he would do some checking from his end. I'll let you all know if I find out anything. In the meantime, I doubt that many of you would be fishing with Terrestrials any time soon, anyway, with most of the country under blizzard conditions.

No big deal as far as I'm concerned, after all, what's the rush? I've been on time on all of the several dozen fly swaps I've ever been in but I always fear something like this could/might happen, so you have my sympathies . . . hope it all works out in the end.

-- Mike

Still waiting to hear something from Foambug. I've sent him a couple of PM's. The first was on Feb 1. But he hasn't been back on the forum since just before I sent him that PM on the 1st. I've sent him one or two more since then, but haven't heard back from him.

He said that he had mailed them a couple of weeks before the deadline, but they haven't arrived here. And I don't guess they were returned to him or he would have said something. I was waiting to see if he was going to tie up another set or not, but, as I say, I haven't heard from him.

I'm thinking about just going ahead and mailing everyone their set back, holding back the set that would have gone to him, and sending them to him if I can get an addy from him. I've never had this to happen before & I'm not really sure what I should do about it.

What do ou guys think?

Take care

BB

I'm willing to wait a couple days to see if he responds. Also On my next swap I am going to ask for phone numbers just so if you can not get ahold of them via the web.

I say send them know and you keep the extra set.

I'll Second that motion....just meet me at lake Murray

Darrin

I say send them know and you keep the extra set.

I'll Second that motion....just meet me at lake Murray

Darrin

DITTO

- Charlie

Just wanted to let you all know that I never did hear anything back from Foambug, so I've sent everyone else their flies, as of today. I want to thank each of you for a great swap and for some wonderful flies! And thanks for all the extras.

Take care

BB

Well, guys, it looks like I sent everyone's flies out to them one day too soon. Guess what was in the mail today? Foambug's flies. If I had known he was sending them, I could have waited.

It's a foam hopper or cricket type pattern.

post-747-1297532197_thumb.jpg

If you will PM me your Addy, I'll get them out to you.

Take care

BB

BB, the fly you pictured from Foambug looks very nice but please don't bother to send it to me -- very much appreciate your willingness to do so but the extra hassle on your part to mail out a single fly is not worth it. Please just keep mine, thanks!

-- Mike