Fly Tying
flytyman1

"Project Healing Waters Swap" - Deadline June 30!

:D :D

Here we go with the "Project Healing Waters Swap". The swap deadline for the flies will be June 30, 2011. I could use all the help I can get by having as many of the forum swappers signup to tie flies for for this swap/donation. The way this swap will work is that each swapper will tie up 12 flys of 1 pattern in one of the various catagories for cold fresh water fish, primarily trout and panfish in hook sizes #10 to #18. The 5 types of flys we are looking for are dry flies, wet flies, nymphs, terrestrials and some freshwater streamers. The dry, wet and nymph can be either Mayflies or Caddis. Each swapper will be donating his set flies to fill 12 separate boxes of flys to be donated to vets involved in "Project Healing Waters". That means that no swapper will be getting any flies returned to them, so they will not have to send a postage paid return envelope. J. Stockard has already graciously agreed to donate all the fly boxes that are needed for this project. I already have several swappers who have ask to be included in this swap before it was even posted! I am looking for a total of at least 60 dozen flies to fill the fly boxes (that is at least 5 dozen flies in each box to start)! If any swapper wants to they can tie up as many different sets of one pattern as they like. I my self am going to tie up at least 14 sets of different patterns myself. Let's show our appreciation for our handicapped/disabled veterans and the sacrifices they made. Include your name with your shipment of flies. I have already made arrangements with PHW to have these fly boxes presented to handicapped veterans at a "Project Healing Waters" event at the end of July at Spruce Creek, PA. I will be helping out some of the veterans on the water at this event one day and giving a tying presentation also.

When you know what pattern you will be doing let me know so I can post it? This way we won't get too many duplicates!

The Swappers/Participants Are

flytyman1 - 2 Doz Griffiths Gnat #14 and #16,Eastern Green Drake #10 Slate Drake Variant Dry #12, Slate Darke Emerger #12,Zebra Midge #16, 2 Doz Beadhead Greenie Weenies #12 & #14,2 Doz Klinghammers #16 Olive and #16 tan,Adams Caddis #16, Tan Caddis #16, 2 Doz Lafontaine Emegent Sparkle PuPa #16 Apple Green and #16 Tan. - Done

1. Redneck Fly - TBD - No Response

2. John P. - Hare's Ear Soft Hackle, Prince Nymph. - Received

3. Chase Creek - Hare's Ear Parachute, Starling and Herl Soft hackle. - Received

4. fairwxflyfish - #14 Black Ant, #12 UV Nymph. - Received

5. David McVey - Polish Express Nymph, Generic Foam Beetle, and some type of Streamer. - Received

6. utyer - Brook Stonefly Nymphs, Pheasant Tails, Hares Ear. - Received

7. rich mc - Nymph - Received

8. Li' lDave - Parahackle Pheasant Tail Spinners. - Dropped Out

9. Mr. Vegas - Multiple Assorted Flies. - No Response

10. Crackleback - Cracklebacks. - Received

11. fishingbobnelson - couple dozen Caddis and Bivisibles. - Received

12 .NjflyMAn - 50 Assorted Flies. - Received

13. jolly Red - Black Gnat Wets. - Received

14. Old Hat - Partridge and Orange, Partridge and Green, Yellow Spider. - No Response

15. fly_fischa - Fuzzle Tadpoles. - Received

16. Houndog - 2 dozen Assorted - Received

17. rich5665 - Pheasant Tail Nymphs plus extra assorted flies. - No Response

18. honestflyfisher - Rusty Spinners #14. - No Response

19. jhn.knt - Olive Pumpkinhead #12. - Received

20. rockworm - American March Brown Dry Fly. - Received

21. 2bonthewater - 2 Doz. Assorted - Received

22. Old Bud - #12 Pink San Juan Worm, #14 Zugbug, #14 Prince, #16 Pheasant Tail, #14 Copper John, #14 & #16 Assorted Nymphs. - Received

23. yetavon - 12 sets of SS scissors and hemostats. - Received

24. N.J. All Day - 1 Dzn. Assorted Dries. - Received

25.'Polarbear 78' - Hoppers - Received

26. djgunter - bead-body damsel nymphs. - Received

27. mybadhabit - 2 Doz. Red Ass Soft Hackles #14 and#16, 1 doz. Clousers. - Received

28. aroostookbasser - Meduxnekeag Jassid and Trout Candy(variant). - No Response

29. sabbatus - 1 doz. Sulpher drys. - Dropped Out

30. ikerajala - 1 doz. Brown Wooly Buggers. - Received

31. awitoga - doz. parachute adams and a doz. black ghost. - Received

A letter of appreciation for their service to this country will accompany each fly box containings the names of all those who made donations to this PHWFF swap/project.

To verify the legitimacy of this swap/project contact "Project Healing Waters" Mid-Atlantic Director - Tamar Martin Franklin through the contact us link on the "Project Healing Waters" website.Thanks for your participation!

Flytyman1

Address to send flies to is:

Glenn E. Edwards

314 Highlawn Avenue

Elizabethtown, PA 17022-1614

I'll do a Hare's Ear soft hackle and a Prince Nymph. Thanks for putting this together.

are we limited to 12 flies? because I do have some sets I have set aside. Also I would be happy to donate in it's own box to fill the flies I want to send. I can go through it all and give you a list of what I will send tomorrow. Wait I just read the whole post. If it is cool I will send in it's own box. I have a Snake River Cutthroats Fly Fishing Federation box I would like to send packed with flies

Good idea mate. ;)

I'll be in with one of my parahackle pheasant tail spinners if that's OK.

Am starting to run low on trout hooks but I see we have plenty of time. I'll see what I can do, but at this stage will only commit to 1 set as I am starting a new job very shortly that might have me a bit busier than I have been of late :rolleyes: . Will let you know because I'd like to do more if I can (atleast 1 more set)... Your guys have fought alongside ours many times now, and I have mates that have just left for tours of Afganistan.

I will do some (no make that 60) Brooks Stonefly nymphs, pheasant tails, and hares ears.

I put a box together of 157 flies. Send me your address again so I can get this out ASAP!

Here is the box if you don't mind that it is not one of yours. Granted this is a bunch of different flies and there will most likely be others tying some of the same but... They will all get use and that is all that matters!

e9d2f9r8d8sldnjj2lfr229n9f.jpg

fn22ddn2nu8nujf89j2eer3r28.jpg

lol... these of course I had sitting in other boxes. This is a great cause and happy to do what I can

I'll tie up a dozen each of Partridge and Orange, Green, and Yellow spiders.

I guess I am not a real man cause I tied some tricos this morning :( -- hence your signature :P

Here is my suggestion on what is going to happen, You are asking for a dozen flies but since this is for a charity event you are going to get people wanting to donate way more then what you are asking for. There is a lot of heart on this forum and they are always willing to help people in a bad situation. Like me I had a lot of different patterns I wanted to donate. I believe it was 21 different patterns but since some of them only were a couple flies or were 10 flies but different colors. My suggestion is not to limit them to the patterns. Most will tie for this but some like myself will go into my backstock and pull flies they already have tied. If you have a huge amount of flies to come in you might want to expand your options to not just your local PHW and maybe send some out to others through out the country. Just my 2 cents :)

which event will this be???? I looked at the calender and alaska takes up the mid to end of July. Is this event not on the calender???