Fly Tying
flytyman1

"Project Healing Waters Swap" - Deadline June 30!

Fly -Fischa's Fuzzle Tadpoles are the BOMB! :D An natural (synthetic really) wonder on stillwaters. Just had to put that out there friend.

When I send my flies I'll be adding in a bunch that I'll never fish. Better for some one else to use them than they just sit in a box.

:thumbup: :ban:

Thanks so far to all the swappers who have signed up, we are well on our way to filling up the 12 boxes with at least 60 flies each, as things are going we will be able to put more flies in the boxes than that, and possibly do extra boxes of flies to be given out at other PHW events. Thanks again to all who have signed up so far to tie and donate flies! :clapping:

Yours truly,

flytyman1

Very cool you're putting this together for them! I've been working with the California chapter and already donated a bunch of zebra midges and need to package up some Parachute BWOs along with pheasant tail nympths. If I get some additional time (which might not happen for a while) I'll be sure to see about donating to this one as well!

Todd

:thumbsup:

Thanks samuraiti for your involvement with Project Healing Waters with the California chapter, there is plenty of time to get involved with this swap if you get the time. But thanks for considering helping out.

I just hope that a lot more of the other swappers in the forum plan to get involved. I don't want this thing to fizzle out as soon as it has started. Our handicapped/disabled PHWFF Vets deserve our thanks and respect for their sacrifices to us and our country, and joining/contributing to this swap is a great way to show it! Lets go swappers this is not about our wants and needs, but a chance to use our talents as fly tiers and give something back to those who have served courageously! These donations do not only go to handicapped/disabled Vets from the Afghanistan and Iraq conflict, but to Vietnam Vets also. Thanks again to all who have signed up and joined in. :thumbup:

flytyman1

post-29583-1298083520_thumb.jpg

If any of the swppers involved in the swap already have any freinds within the forum that they could suggest getting involved, it would be a great help to spread the word! Thanks.

Last winter I developed a pattern for PHW up here in Western Canada at request of Jack Simpson, President of the British Columbia chapter. The initial idea was to put the pattern in flyshops and donate all proceeds to the charity but they sold well online and they never made it to the stores. I was just a little overwhelmed as the orders amounted to 18 dz. in the first 24 hours they were made available. Not really sure what the grand total was but it was an absolutely worthwhile cause and then for the Shilo, Manitoba outing I sent Kerry Pitt 3 dozen of my original Pumpkinheads to forward on with all the gear he had amassed.

Below is a photo of the PHWFFC pattern, The Pulsating Shramsel.

Oh ya, almost forgot, would be honoured to take part in this swap!

Pulsating_Shramsel_002.jpg

Last winter I developed a pattern for PHW up here in Western Canada at request of Jack Simpson, President of the British Columbia chapter. The initial idea was to put the pattern in flyshops and donate all proceeds to the charity but they sold well online and they never made it to the stores. I was just a little overwhelmed as the orders amounted to 18 dz. in the first 24 hours they were made available. Not really sure what the grand total was but it was an absolutely worthwhile cause and then for the Shilo, Manitoba outing I sent Kerry Pitt 3 dozen of my original Pumpkinheads to forward on with all the gear he had amassed.

Thanks jhn.knt it would be appreciated very much as I'm trying to get as much support from the Forum tiers that I can. I'm hoping that we can far surpass my original goals and have extra fly boxes of flies to donate for other PHWFF events as well! I have even been able to get some of my friends and fellow tiers to tie and donate flys also. I'll post your name along with the other tiers on the list, just let me know for sure what pattern you will be tying. Thanks again!

flytyman1

Thanks jhn.knt it would be appreciated very much as I'm trying to get as much support from the Forum tiers that I can. I'm hoping that we can far surpass my original goals and have extra fly boxes of flies to donate for other PHWFF events as well! I have even been able to get some of my friends and fellow tiers to tie and donate flys also. I'll post your name along with the other tiers on the list, just let me know for sure what pattern you will be tying. Thanks again!

flytyman1

I'll be doing the original Pumpkinhead in size 12 olive for the simple fact that it catches fish everywhere.

Did you get my flies yet???

Not yet, I'll post and let you know as soon as they arrive. I'm not sure if we get mail tomorrow (President's Day).

flytyman1

Did you get my flies yet???

Yor flies arrived today, thanks for your donation to the Vets and PHWFF it is greatly appreciated!

flytyman1