Fly Tying
flytyman1

"Project Healing Waters Swap" - Deadline June 30!

I believe your referring to me. I did not tell people not to join your charity tying. I was merely making some new comers aware that your swap is charity. I don't get why your requesting more tyers when your current batch is tying way more than the requirement.

Well anywho, goodluck and best wishes.

Sorry if I misunderstood you! The reason I am requesting more tyers is because after talking to the directors at PHWFF, I have found that there are additional handicapped/disabled Vets within PHWFF that could also benefit from the flies boxes I am working on for the event. I was told that any additional fly boxes I can deliver will go to help them!

One specific example was of a Vet that used to tie flies, but because of new medical complications and setbacks due to his disability and handicap can no longer tie. Therefore any additional boxes of flies I can make will go to vets like that within PHWFF. Yes I have probably surpassed the origial requirements for the project, but if possible I hope we at the Fly Tying Forum Swap page can go the extra mile and provide some additional fly boxes of flies. If you look at how many sets of flies I am tying myself, that is the reason why. Thanks for your response, I'm sorry if I got a little heated and misunderstood your remark on the other post. Hopefully you'll accept my apology and possibly join in yourself. Thank you!

flytyman1

Are you only wanting trout flies or could I send in a dozen bluegill flies?

[/quote

:)

Some bluegill flies would be great, I'm sure the Vets in PHWFF will be fishing ponds and lakes in their future once they get started in fly fishing. I'm sure some of those type settings would be easier access for some of the Vets. I know plenty of lakes that have bluegills in them as well as trout. Thanks for the offer it is appreciated very much!

flytyman1

Two dozen assorted mailed this afternoon :)

:thumbsup:

Thanks, I'll keep and eye out for them. I appreciate the participation and donation to the PHWFF swap/project. My best to you for your help, God bless and tight lines.

flytyman1

mailed off a dozen black gnat wet flies this morning, may send more later for the additional boxes.

Two dozen assorted mailed this afternoon :)

:thumbsup: :thumbup:

I got the flies in the mail yesterday, they all look great. Thanks for the participation/donation. They will make a nice addition to the PHWFF fly boxes. :ban:

flytyman1

mailed off a dozen black gnat wet flies this morning, may send more later for the additional boxes.

:thumbup:

Awesome, I will be watching for them. I'll let you know when they arrive. Thanks again for participating!

flytyman1

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Received a nicely tied set of Black Gnat Soft Hackles in the mail today from Jolly Red. Thanks again for the participation/donation for the PHWFF Swap. The flies will be a nice addition to the fly boxes for the Vets. Thanks again your support is appreciated.

flytyman1

A very nice set of hoppers landed in my mailbox today from Polarbear78. I'm sure that that they will work for trout as well as panfish. They will make a great addition to the PHWFF fly boxes, your generosity and participation in the Project Healing Waters Swap is greatly appreciated. Thanks again! :clapping:

flytyman1

A very nice set of hoppers landed in my mailbox today from Polarbear78. I'm sure that that they will work for trout as well as panfish. They will make a great addition to the PHWFF fly boxes, your generosity and participation in the Project Healing Waters Swap is greatly appreciated. Thanks again! :clapping:

flytyman1

not a problem. Sounds like a very nice thing you are doing out there. Good job to you!!!!!

Haven't forgotten about this one mate. I've just placed an order for some more hooks, so will be making sure I get the flies to you before due date :headbang: ... a gentle reminder every now and then wouldn't go astray :rolleyes: