Fly Tying
flytyman1

"Project Healing Waters Swap" - Deadline June 30!

:o :o

Need at least 10 more tyers to sign up to be assured of reaching the number of flies that are needed to fill the fly boxes to be donated to The "Project Healing Waters" Swap Veterans. Please sign up and help out if you can. All the flies are going to a good cause. Please help support our handicapped/disabled Vets? Thank you! :help: :help:

flytyman1

Need at least 10 more tyers to sign up to be assured of reaching the number of flies that are needed to fill the fly boxes to be donated to The "Project Healing Waters" Swap Veterans. Please sign up and help out if you can. All the flies are going to a good cause. Please help support our handicapped/disabled Vets? Thank you! :help: :help:

flytyman1

I'll send one dozen each of the following flies.#12 pink San Juan worms-#14 Zugbug-#14 Prince-#16 Pheasant tail-#14 Copper John-#14 & #16 assorted nymphs.Thanks for putting this together.

flytyman1

I'll send one dozen each of the following flies.#12 pink San Juan worms-#14 Zugbug-#14 Prince-#16 Pheasant tail-#14 Copper John-#14 & #16 assorted nymphs.Thanks for putting this together.

:thumbup: :kicking:

Thank you so much for your participation and all the flies you are tying for this project, they are truly going for a good cause. I'm sure the veterans with PHWFF are going to be very grateful for everyone's donations and caring. Thanks again very much, I have posted the address to send the flies to in the original post. With your generosity we are much closer to meeting the swap/donation goal!

flytyman1

My flies are finished and will go in the mail in a day or two.

My flies are finished and will go in the mail in a day or two.

:thumbup:

Thanks , looking forward to seeing them and adding them to the fly boxes for the Vets. The donated fly boxes have been shipped and I should see them any day now. I'm separating all the flies I receive into the separate categories I have posted for the swap. I have some big clear Plano compartment boxes I am separating them into. I want to try to divide the flies into types in the boxes that are going to the Vets for PHWFF event. I'll post pictures of all the boxes of flies once they are done and go to the Vets. Thanks again for participating and making your donation!

flytyman1

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I received 2 boxed dozen of beautiful American March Browns from Bruce "rockworm" today. Very nice flies., I'm sure that Vets with PHWFF will be impressed with the quality of the flies just as I am. Thank you again for joining in and tying the flies, it is appreciated very much, they will find a good home with the Vets of PHWFF. I hope to be able to be in some individual swaps with you again at some later date, your flies tying skills are excellent!

flytyman1

:thumbup: :thumbup:

I received 2 boxed dozen of beautiful American March Browns from Bruce "rockworm" today. Very nice flies., I'm sure that Vets with PHWFF will be impressed with the quality of the flies just as I am. Thank you again for joining in and tying the flies, it is appreciated very much, they will find a good home with the Vets of PHWFF. I hope to be able to be in some individual swaps with you again at some later date, your flies tying skills are excellent!

flytyman1

Sorry for the double post!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :kicking:

Received 2 dozen beautiful flies today from John P and 6 dozen excellently tied flies from Old Bud! Thanks guys, the flies are great and your participation is appreciated very much. I'm sure the Vets with PHWFF will appreciate them also, thanks again! At end of swap due date will post picture of fly boxes wth flies in them plus other donations for the event. God bless and tight lines!

flytyman1

:angry:

I response to another swapper in the swap forum who is telling people not to join this swap because it is not a swap, but charity, and you don't get any flies back. I beg to differ that it is a swap, but instead of receiving flies back you get the good feeling that you helped a handicapped/disabled Vet who is just getting started in fly fishing and fly tying. You are in turn swapping your time, tying skills and goodwill for something better than a handful of flies. I hope that others on this site like those who have already signed up for this swap feel the same way and, if they want to, join in! Thank you. :thumbsup:

flytyman1

Flytyman I'll join, I'll tie up a dozen pheasant soft hackles, and a dozen assorted dries.

:thumbsup:

Thank you for joining in, this is for a really good cause, it is appreciatefd very much by me and I'm sure by the Vets it is going to benefit at PHWFF. Thank you again for your participation!

flytyman1

It was pretty obvious from the start that this was a DONATION not a swap. More than happy to support, half the reason I tie flies is to have plenty to give away.

I beileve your refering to me. I did not tell people not to join your charity tying. I was merely making some new comers aware that your swap is charity. I dont get why your requesting more tyers when your current batch is tying way more than the requirement.

Well anywho, goodluck and best wishes.