Fly Tying
flytyman1

"Project Healing Waters Swap" - Deadline June 30!

:D :D

Received 3 dozen beautifully tied flies today from MYBADHABIT. Thank you again for your participation in this swap/project for the vets of PHWFF. Your flies will make an excellent addition to the fly boxes for the vets at the Spruce Creek Outing in PA at the end of July. Thanks again for your support!

flytyman1

Any flies you may need that are not being offered so far?

Any supplies you see that are needed?

Can you see any shortfalls we need to know about..... Where is the greatest need?

As of this date I have not received any kind of streamers yet like Black or Brown Wooly Buggers for trout or panfish. Also I have not had many people volunteer to send dry flies like Adams, Cahills or Sulphers, these are all good eastern US trout fly staples. If I don't get any volunteers I'll probably tie some additional dry flies myself along with all the other flies I've already tied for the boxes. Thanks for checking in to see what the fly boxes are lacking yet! I'm not being real fussy though, I'm just glad for everyones support for this PHWFF project.

flytyman1

Have you gotten any elk hair caddis yet, I may be into trying that new pattern

No I have not received any Elk Hair Caddis yet, If you decide you would like to tie some they would be a wonderful addition to the fly boxes. The best color for the event in July would be tan, but anything you do would be appreciated!

flytyman1

put me down for brown wooley buggers please.[question]

do they have to be on size 10 hooks?or can i tie them on a 8 or a 6?

:D :D

Received 2 packages of flies on Saturday from fairwxflyfish and fishingbobnelson, all beautiful flies guys, they will go nicely in the fly boxes for the vets of PHWFF. Thank you again for all your support! The fly boxes are starting to shape up well with new swappers joining in almost daily. Thank you to everyone who has already donated flies and to all the new volunteers! God bless you all for the support in this PHWFF project.

flytyman1

put me down for brown wooley buggers please.[question]

do they have to be on size 10 hooks?or can i tie them on a 8 or a 6?

Size 8 would be fine!

flytyman1