Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Very nice sized carp! Unpredictable ... those grass carp. No telling what they'll bite on next.

My local State lake is full of these Golden Shiners.... what people fish for crappie that have survived and thrived. Real oily and I feed the old lady's cats down the road everyoften. Guys will catch the smaller with bread and use them for bass bed fishing...Grrrrr

Use a popper with chironomid dropper for bream and catch these jokers too often...some weigh over a pound!

IMG_2954.jpg

Golden Shiners can fight hard at that size ... for a few seconds. Agreed, they're no good for eating. Even if the meat had a good taste, it's bony and soft.

Still ... catching fish of any kind is more fun than not.

Those big 10-15 shiners we used to catch on a cane pole and bread and use live. Big bait. Big bass. The results were spectacular.

Never used any live bait for bed fishing. Sure loved it when a 6-10 pounder crashed one of those big shiners up on the surface though!

Well, Richmc and I ... and John and Greg ... hit some private ponds.

Greg did great, catching well over 60 Bluegill.

John caught a couple of bass.

Rich caught about a dozen Bluegill.

I caught 6, but only got one on video. My GoPro batteries crapped out in just a few minutes.