Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

Thought so wasn't aware that they were up that far north.

Neither are a lot of people here. I've had several tell me they've never seen them anywhere else. I've never caught one in any of the other water around here. Caught some in New Orleans a few years ago, though.

Rios! You lucky son of a gun!

Yeah ... they're fun to catch.

"Full Moon. The past week, and the videos, are the epitome of my theory of "lunar cycles". Monday (Texas 2017 001) was fantastic. Lots of hits, and good quality fish. The Moon was waxing gibbous, though.
Now we're just past full Moon. The fish can see to feed at night, and they don't need to during the day. Today's video is the shortest, with the least amount of fish. Proof, in my mind.
Next weekend will be fantastic again !!!"

Excerpted so you don't have to read it on the video info.

I'm not kiddin' one bit bud, in my cichlid circles I am in....those two pics are $50-$60 worth of fish! lol. Especially the one on the right. Any male with a big cranial hump like that, thats money dude. That one alone would be a $40 fish in the local shops.

I think I'll take a vacation, get a U-Haul, seine out a few hundred of those fish and head your way.

On second thought, no. They're too fun to catch ... I'm leaving them there.

If anyone else is interested ... I'll sell you the location for $1000.00.

Hit Spring Creek for a while this morning. Caught two. Fell once.
Then I went back to a stretch of the creek I'd hit during the full moon. I only caught 4 or 5 that trip ... I caught a lot more than that this time. I ran out of batteries for the GoPro ... so I didn't get them all on video.

As per my prediction made on post #1924 ... here we are, with the moon waning and the fishing picking up !!!

Same creek, too many fish for one video.

Part 1

Part 2

It'll have to wait ... since you got your pond fish in the top one. If I was to bring you some, they'd HAVE to go in the top tank, and there'd HAVE to be a sign on it saying, "Fish provided by Mike!" ... readable every time you took a picture of the tank.

But you're right ... that stream makes some beautiful fish.