Fly Tying
iFly

Fish Pictures

All fooled this morning with a #10 black bugger, oh there was another but he was camera shy.

post-57957-0-95226700-1510610048_thumb.jpg

post-57957-0-93778800-1510610067_thumb.jpg

post-57957-0-75584000-1510610090_thumb.jpg

post-57957-0-88510600-1510610131_thumb.jpg

New personal best largemouth on the fly. About 5lbs, maybe a bit more. The fly was a bunny strip tail, brown bucktail collar, and a craft foam head on a 6 or 8 Allen flyfishing hook. Just getting to the point of last cast and I tucked it right up under a willow the grows horizontal over the water. A couple twitches and it got sucked down by what looked like a small bass striking. When I set the hook all hell broke loose. 5 or 6 jumps later and I had this beauty to hand! Barely hooked in the edge of the lip, but set into the cartilage so it was even difficult to get out.

IMG_4541.JPG

IMG_4540.JPG

IMG_4539.JPG

New personal best largemouth on the fly.

Congrats! That's a toad!

Good looking, simple pattern fly too.

Thanks everyone. Yes he hit right in the last bit of fishable light. I can throw together a quick SBS if anyone is interested.

Wow! nice one fisherboy..looks a lot more than 5# to me..did you get the length..20" is about 5# and for every inch longer add a pound..it,s got the face of a 6 or 7..heck of a fish on the fly..yes, when you get a chance give a SBS on the fly..