Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
NoSlack

Fresh Meth

It's that time of the year! Let's start cooking.

I cooked this guy up in the lab today after getting a couple packs of black and red diamond braid.

Enjoy

ebe1fc5bb9226b9f70a5fa5b61e3a150.jpg

Sorry, I have no idea what that is supposed to be. I'll assume that it's something for trout or steelhead. It looks like a miniature plastic brillo pad. Is it an egg sack? I am not trying to be funny, I really don't know what you've tied.

Looks almost like a raspberry or blackberry to me Good for carp or trout up here by where I am

I just noticed this and don't mean to sound like an a-hole, but i have had seen a couple friends get hooked on the stuff (crap) and watched their life get totally destroyed. i just cant bring myself to tie a patten referring to meth or crack, but on the other hand i would proubly try a pattern referring to mary jane, since it just seems to make you mellow and munch on anything within reach...well, i mean...it used too...i don't mean to offend anyone, and besides, i don't get to fish for steel anyway.

To each their own, call it a crystal sucker spawn. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff. It can be a very effective pattern and every time I go to Erie fishery I take along some crystal meth, never leave home without it , LOL

The name is what the originator called it! We didn't name it. All though I will admit it is a bad choice for a name considering what the stuff does to people. But it does catch a lot of steelhead!

I shouldn't have joked with Bruce Derington about not sleeping when he wrote that he always has some with him. I have worked around a few people using the stuff and they are so far out there they hardly comprehend what you are saying to them. One fellow that I used to really like got on it and is proud of his "tours" as he called them, not sleeping for days or weeks. His longest "tour" was 24 days with no sleep and only drinking Mt. Dew. He was healthy when I met him 20 or so years ago, but only weighs a little over a hundred pounds now. But, as was mentioned before by a wiser man than myself, to each his own....

Everyone, at least in the US, has been affected by meth in some way, shape or form. It's a choice that the user made. I'm sure that the originator meant no harm, likewise nor did the person who posted this thread. Everybody just RELAX and stop taking stuff so personally.