Fly Tying
eastern fly

2013 Intruder Swap

Ready to ship.

Rigging a tube. Run your mono through the tube. Tie your hook onto mono with your choice of knot. Insert eye of hook into the hook guide on the back of the tube with hook point up. My ties have hook guides and hooks. Once you see how they are you will understand what I am trying to explain, I hope anyway. If you have questions once you receive them let me know and I will try and help you out.

post-34694-0-72192400-1356928952_thumb.jpg

Looking really good fellers!!

I have to get some fused 30# fireline as all I had was dacron, not even sure if that stuff is suitable. May change colors on the ones I be sending tho but will be sweet no doubt!

Sweet looking flies Boron!

Phish, the 30lb fireline is just stiff enough to hold a hook straight out the back and point up. Dacron is too limp and the hook will sag and possibly foul.

They even make a specific wire now which i have not had a chance to use because of a 300yard spool of 30lb smoke FL i have to get through.

I have firewire and the new senyo intruder wire. Like em both, however, like jam my fireline spool is like a 500 yarder so im trying use that most

Well i decided to school myself...Found a great article on tube intruders with some SBS's, especially interesting is having the balanced tube.

The patterns here look kick ass!

http://www.canadiantubeflies.com/files/Intruders.pdf

Well i decided to school myself...Found a great article on tube intruders with some SBS's, especially interesting is having the balanced tube.

and here is one on 'Hook Hang Down' obviosly a big problem with tube patterns.

http://www.canadiantubeflies.com/files/HHD.pdf

Thanks Jam and nice articles. Like every fly I tie I tested one out in my test tank so these should swim just fine. If I can figure out how to do it I will try and post a short video of it in the tank. I tied it in black and copper, didn't want to test one of the others I already had tied to ship.

I have seen that fly and had one in my hand to look at. It is a great fly. It's on my list to tye soon.

Kevin

Jam, I would say that all our flies swim with the head up, tail down to some degree due to the upward pressure from the fly rod/line, especially when that line floats. When using flies on sinking variety lines we are able to achieve a more horizontal presentation for longer. Much depends on flow strength as well.

I played around with the 'russian style multi cone tubes a while back and found they weren't much better than a standard cone head fly. The trick is to play with the weight of your hook you attach to balance the fly as you like. I have the benefit of being allowed to use Trebles, doubles and singles depending on the season and each affects the way the tube swims differently. I believe that if you fish a standard cone head tube, the weight at the cone is nearly always more than the weight at the hook and it swims more to the nose down than not. Another reason sinktips are so popular as is flurocarbon tippets, as they keep the fly down and let it swim level for longer before the upward influence of rod and line is felt.

Yea that link is a nice one. Might want to check out HMH site and another one called HoBo that I cant remember where I got it but I am sure you will find if you google it.

Looking good already guys!

I got started yesterday and prepared all the shanks. Similar to Jam'.. 25 mm senyo shank, 30lb firewire, zap-a-gap!!