Fly Tying
novabass

featheremporium.com?

Some people appear to be pretty chummy with the owner from FE "Dave". That also is food for thought. No one should be trashed but some valid issues have been brought up and the monitors of this site should keep that in mind.

Much earlier, I saw the complaints "pompom" (or Sharon) made elsewhere. She admitted that she never ordered from FE but rants like she was out money. Okay, she was upset she didn't get a reply with a quote. Big deal. If more people only had that as their biggest concern.

Sometimes, when you're in business providing whatever product or service, you know the warning signs of a potential customer/client that's going to be an issue. With the most problematic, the red flag pops up at the start. When you can avoid those situations, you do. If her emails to FE were of the tone I imagine, I don't blame FE for not doing business with her one bit. Who needs the drama?

And as for those negative reviews on the "complaint" sites... First, they aren't many in number, and most of what I saw was duplicated to another site. The experiences that have been posted at FTF and other tying forums have been overall quite positive, and most of those that had a negative experience did get the situation resolved. I'm not aware of anyone who was actually out of their money with no product, though the experience may have understandably stressed them or otherwise tested their patience. Finally, who uses the BBB? Didn't that go the way of the mullet?

Some people appear to be pretty chummy with the owner from FE "Dave". That also is food for thought. No one should be trashed but some valid issues have been brought up and the monitors of this site should keep that in mind.

I would say....I do not know nor have ever meet Dave in any way in my life. But far as I know FE use to have a pretty good reputation for years before a 1 post member started slamming them. Hence why I did what I did. I think most would see me in the right. If you owned a small businesses and someone out of the blue slammed you, I think you would expect the same from me no? I've said multiple times now, any valid issues are welcome, from valid members, now that we know Dave is a member he can address them.

A history check shows it to be a lot more than one poster Steve.

I would say....I do not know nor have ever meet Dave in any way in my life. But far as I know FE use to have a pretty good reputation for years before a 1 post member started slamming them. Hence why I did what I did. I think most would see me in the right. If you owned a small businesses and someone out of the blue slammed you, I think you would expect the same from me no? I've said multiple times now, any valid issues are welcome, from valid members, now that we know Dave is a member he can address them.

A history check shows it to be a lot more than one poster Steve.

Okay, if that's true (and not saying it is not) Any of those first hand exp people here? Dave seems to be here, seems this is the perfect platform to get the two side together IMO. Stage is Dave and those done wrong by him.. Lets turn it over to them........

I'm with Steve on this one. Pompom was a problem ... an instigator, if you will. She came in, posted her (unreasonable, if she didn't actually lose money) complaint and let the sparks fly. Like someone going into a supermarket, then complaining they wouldn't sell them a car.

But her tactic worked. People who are only going off what they've read online are arguing her point for her. People who've never dealt directly with F.E. are taking sides. Even if we try to keep it civil, when people take sides, someone always gets upset and it snowballs from there.

I ask that you (collectively all members) stop making ANY comments on this matter unless, personally, you have had a bad experience with F.E. that ended without your satisfaction.

If you DID have an unsatisfactory experience with Dave ... then use his phone number (since he posted it) and deal with him there. IF you're still unsatisfied, THEN post your complaint publicly, if you want.

I’ve formulated an opinion regarding online reviews. From my observations, reviews and ratings could be skewed by one person if they took it upon themselves to 'mark' someone as a bad supplier. They could have taken the time just because they got a burr up their butt and set off to have a significant negative impact on someone's business!

I usually look at all negative reviews and decide if they are valid ... for whatever reason - when I look at a set of reviews. The positives can be submitted - IMO - by the folks selling something... they could have posted a few positives. It's probably worth their time to do so ... just for the appearance of a 'positive' person to buy from.

That being said - a person out to get someone certainly could do the opposite!

I was thinking when I saw the recent negative posting, that I should not take that chance – but am reconsidering that now. I was glad to see the owner post... that means a lot!

People don't have much 'understanding' of others that are obviously strained to their limits these days. Truly an unfortunate characteristic of many folks these days.

Bottom line - you order from such a place that may be delayed in shipping your order, accept the potential delay/s .... or don't buy from them.

BCT

You said you wanted to hear first hand from people on here?

I am not very active here but I do read and participate in this forum and enjoy it a great deal. I hope I am a member in good standing. I know value my membership here a great deal! This is a link to my post from a year ago. David talks a good story about why don't you just call him to sort this stuff out. That's a little tough to do if he doesn't answer his phone or accept voice mails or return emails. I did get my money back through a PayPal dispute but that should be a last resort. Not as a standard practice of doing business.

Do what you think best but I will never buy from him again.

Here is a link to my original post if anyone cares to read it. It is post #208.

Yeah, Idaho, you're well known, to some of us, anyway.

I agree that getting your money back is a last resort and not of a satisfactory ending, but it IS an ending. It is a bad experience, for sure ... and one I'd likely not repeat.

You're well known, too, Mogup.

Slow shipping - delayed receipt of materials is, indeed ... unpleasant ... to some.

We had this debate before, and there was no agreement.

I can remember (and it's still on many mail/online order forms) "please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery." So, anything less than that is always a nice surprise for me.

ON the other hand, I don't have the same patience for everything. I had to wait 30 minutes for the parking lot bus to arrive last night ... and I'll find another lot next time because of it.

You said you wanted to hear first hand from people on here?

I am not very active here but I do read and participate in this forum and enjoy it a great deal. I hope I am a member in good standing. I know value my membership here a great deal! This is a link to my post from a year ago. David talks a good story about why don't you just call him to sort this stuff out. That's a little tough to do if he doesn't answer his phone or accept voice mails or return emails. I did get my money back through a PayPal dispute but that should be a last resort. Not as a standard practice of doing business.

Do what you think best but I will never buy from him again.

Here is a link to my original post if anyone cares to read it. It is post #208.

This information from a first-hand experience is the kind that I find most useful. Just the Facts, Joe Friday. We do not need trash talk, hear-say or the vitriolic vituperations. It is not reliable or persuasive. It may be unfortunate but certain censorship is a requirement in a forum such as this. The hate speechs are totally inconsistent with the normal warm & welcoming atmosphere we have going here.

It harshes my vibe, Man. Glad Steely Steve curbs their ill-advised enthusiasm....IMG_2319.JPG