Fly Tying
Istripbuggers

Glue for double bunnys?

I've been tying up some double bunnys, and I haven't really found a good glue that will attach the two hides, and still have flexibility.. I've looked on YouTube and it seems like there's so many ways to tie this damn fly I'd figure I'd ask you guys. So, what's your preferred glue for a double bunny ( if any ).

Thanks in advance

-Miles

Depending on the length of the strips, I've tied a small loop of thread around the strips at intervals. The fur hides it well enough. Long strips I like a little stiffness by the root, helps prevent hook wrap.

Aquaseal or similar is flexible and waterproof but a bit long to cure and not ideal for quick ties.

I've also used the strips completely loose and so long as the tail is no longer than shank length, or just longer they dont fowl and move really really well in the water.

Right on, thanks for the advice guys. I did see tear mender used, just seemed kinda obscure but I guess he's not the only one. And I figured I could get away with no glue on smaller sizes ( I'm mostly tying on sz. 6 4xl. I'll check out tear mender..

I'm going to second Piker20's recommendation of simply securing the hide strips with thread. I don't like glue because it's messy and almost always makes the fly feel stiff or "crunchy" when it dries.

The originator of this fly, "Scott Sanchez" uses Val-A-Tearmender. You can get it at Ace like mentioned above. If you want yours like the original, then there ya go.