Fly Tying

Stilis, you're in and thanks for joining. I think we only need one more and then this puppy (Wulff joke) is full.

Im in with a Montana Wulff- the only other Wulff pattern that hasnt been chosen besides the Irresistable Wulff and i suck at spinning deer hair

Glad you joined atxdiscgolfer. I didn't bother to mention the Irresistable Wulff because I'm not very good at those either. Just the thought of tying an Irresistable sends me running from the vise and cowering in a corner somewhere. I like to spin deer hair but I will leave it to deer hair poppers.

If you don't mind, I'll switch to a standard Royal Wulff since Vicrider is essentially tying a Tennessee Wulff.

Actually, I couldn't remember if that was a Tennessee Wulff or not but if you want to do the original that's great because I was very short of white calf and used a yellow calf tail for the tail and wings with green floss and primarily grizzly hackle since it was the one best suited for size. I have a few with other hackle but none of the them the "true" Tennessee version. If you do a good one, which I don't do that well on them, I'd love to have one, but the Royal Wulff is also a beauty.

I will do a standard Royal Wulff, I bought some Golden Pheasant Tippett for the tail at the shop yesterday, and my wife let me order a true Coachman brown cape, which should be here in a couple of days for this project. I think I can do them up real classic like. I'll tie up the bodies in the next couple of days, and hackle them later this week when the cape comes in.

Im looking forward to this

Seth

I did the first of the Tennessee Wulffs with Moose Mane for tailing but didn't like it so went with the calf tied so it is tail and wings. Much prefer the look of that versus the Moose Mane tail. So I guess while some of us remain "pure" to the calling, others of us go with what we like and hope the fish agree.

I did the first of the Tennessee Wulffs with Moose Mane for tailing but didn't like it so went with the calf tied so it is tail and wings. Much prefer the look of that versus the Moose Mane tail. So I guess while some of us remain "pure" to the calling, others of us go with what we like and hope the fish agree.

I like Moose Body for the tailing, go figure, different strokes. Im interested in seeing the different interpretations. Now you have me thinking, maybe we both deliver a Tennessee Wulff with a classic and modern interpretation.

Well since you guys all cowered away from it I'll switch to the irresistible wulff.