Fly Tying

I'm halfway done, another 4-5 days and mine will be in mail.

I'm halfway done, another 4-5 days and mine will be in mail.

It will take you 4-5 days to tie 6 flies? blink.png

A great looking set of Montana Wulff's from atxdiscgolfer showed up today. Thanks for the extras. I had to squint to see the littlest one.

A great looking set from SullyTM showed up today. Thanks for the extra package, it will be put to good use.

A great looking set of Burnt Wulff's from DavidHE showed up this morning. Thank for the extras.

I am always impressed with how quickly flies make it to you and a couple other swappers located across the country. Mail to fishingbobnelson, 2 hrs away takes longer!

Mail routing can be a funny thing. Our local post does not cancel and sort mail. If I mail something to my neighbor next door after 5:00 it will sit overnite. The next day it will go in the outgoing bin. Then it will make the trip that nite to Oklahoma City, about 150 miles or so. It will be sorted that nite and if all goes well it will come back the next morning to go in his PO Box. DOINK DOINK Great system that is.

I too am often amazed at how fast mail does move across the country. 'Course, if you really want fast check out this new fangled gadget I been hearing about called email. Heard it's really something. Travels at the speed of electrons.

Vicrider, I have been hearing about that e-mail thing. It's supposed to be a bit faster than the snail-mail I'm told. A lot faster than the pony express I reckon. I just can't figure out where to insert the Altoids box into the computer and what button to push to send it to it's destination. According to all of the old science fiction movies, we should all be living like George Jetson and should have some way of teleporting things. The mail is the same way here in Virginia. I can send something to Texas or California in about the same time that I can mail something to my mom's place only a few miles away from me.