Fly Tying
vicrider

Get your EPI pens ready SWAP

No problem flytire. I'd sure hate to miss you flies. I agree that I should post every basic rule up front but they've been fill so fast lately I didn't think about ending up short of swappers. I'll post my addy here and in first post. Sorry if I threw a curve at you. I've had your flies and would hate to do anything to lose you.

Nick Szabo

PO Box 361

Cheyenne, OK 73628

jburge, you're in with a wingless bee. Thanx for jumping in. How about two more to fill us up. C'mon, we all know critters that sting or bite and wouldn't be too hard a tie. Let's get this full.

I'm only sticking to one pattern as they are all tied up.

the swapmeister can keep all of my extra swap flies if this swap doesn't make the full compliment of 12 tyers

it should be noted by the swapmeister in the initial posting at the beginning of a swap that 2 different flies might be required if the swap doesn't fill up. it shouldn't be noted in the middle of a swap

if one pattern is not acceptable then i'll drop out. sorry if I'm negative but another swap I was in was full but but swappers were sending 2 flies

Flytire,

I will take responsibility for the confusion as to number of flies per tier as I think I might have started it--I misunderstood the SM's initial post and thought he was saying that the swap would only proceed if he got 12 tiers. I really wanted this swap to happen and to participate in it, so I posted that I would be willing to do two patterns (the idea being that I could essentially be counted as 2 tiers this way) if doing so would help to fill out the swap.

I just re-read the SM's original post and it does say he wants a minimum of 6 to run with the swap, not 12.

I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

No sweat guys. I took Bryon's lead and put myself in the group. Now we need two more and a total of 11 flies if we fill out. Still hoping to do that.

Some time's I send in two extra if I have time . That's just my choice to give extra . I dont expect extras from anyone for me its all about having some fun tying .

I always put 3-6 extra flies for the swapmeister but that wasn't the issue I was talking about

C'mon swappers. Let's fill this out with dozen. Couple more to go and there's lot of little critters that bite and sting and fall in the water and the fish don't seem to mind the stingers since they chow down on them with regularity when they can. If one considers the "tobaccy juice" the grasshoppers slime all over you there's no reason they couldn't be in this swap. I'm making an attempt at a black fly that I hope is halfway decent. I do know that if you've been on a lake with them on a calm evening, especially before a rain it seems like, they like to chow down on your ankles. Viscous little creatures that aren't poisonous but sure can hurt.

Is there any room left in the swap? I am new to all this but have been wanting to join one for quite a while. I help teach tying sessions for the Kaweah Fly Fishers Club in Visalia Ca. I just lead a session on tying the Cupboard Ant. Let me know if I can get in on this one. If I'm late I understand. Jim

Happy to have you in here Jim. Not sure what a cupboard ant is but it sure would fit in with this swap. I'll put you in and we'll hope to fill out a dozen. Please send a dozen and if we have extras when I finish up sorting I'll distribute them so everyone gets an extra or two. If you need to understand anything just read some of the pinned info above. Toe tags, something to ship them back in with pre-paid postage envelope or box like I usually use. Any specific questions feel free to ask. Myself or someone will help ya' out. Wish you weren't on the Coast or I'd hit you up for lessons.

Thanks for letting me play vicrider! The Cupboard and is a cool little tie that uses pieces of cupboard liner for the body. This fly has a great look and is fun to tie. I do have a question. Do I send two boxes? One for the completed sent flies and one empty box for return flies? Or is one box with the completed flies sufficient? Sorry for the newbie questions. If I uses an Altoid box should I ship in a bubble wrap envelope?

No problem Jim. Rather have you ask questions than end up with extra troubles from incorrect contribution. One box, Altoids is great, is all you need. This will hold the flies both ways with no problems except in some of the Intruder or Redfish swaps. The best way to send them and help me to get them back out without much trouble is put your board name on the Altoids box. Put your flies in there and send them to me in a padded or bubble wrap envelope with another self addressed and stamped mailer inside. Remember that it must be stamps and not metered. Some use an 8x10 with a 5x7 inside. Others use two 5x7s and just fold the one with return postage and addy.

Hope that explains it and look forward to your ants. Sometime back we did a swap with household materials only used for flies. Seems like someone used cupboard liner in that but think it was for a terrestrial tie.

Norm's flies arrived today. First set in and still hoping for another tyer or two. I sprayed them down liberally with bug spray and they should be dead before they get sent back out. Do you do those ants with epoxy, glue gun or UV goop? Very nice and thanx for the extras.