Fly Tying
vicrider

Get your EPI pens ready SWAP

Nasty looking stinger on that guy Riff. Your spiders haven't showed up yet. Maybe tomorrow the last of them and get them turned around. Hope this swap doesn't have it's first Lost in Mail shipment. I know it happens once in a while, just not to me yet. Couple of slow shipments but none lost yet.

Riff, feel better today since yours showed up. Looks like someone in the PO sprayed the package with Raid spider spray but they came thru fine anyway. There was a buzzing in the PO Box also which turn out to be Joseph Russell's horse flies. Looking good so I'll get them turned around and should be in mail tomorrow.

Riff, kidding about spray. Package was fine. You gift wasp and your spider will not be fish but put on the tying bench somewhere. Too nice to fish even tho a good bass would probably be happy to destroy either one.

Thanx to all and now to do the tedious job of sorting and making sure it comes out right.

ps...I should mention one thing on my flies. There is one of those little ankle biting black flies that irritate you, especially if there is rain coming. They have little wings of Swiss Straw and they will be instantly attacked by bluegills. Unfortunately the wings don't hold up well and tho the 'gills will still hit them with wings shredded I just wish they'd hold up better.

Okay, they all went in the mail today. As usual my count was off and had to go thru them a few times but think I have everyone's going back to the right people. Because several sent more than the swap actually required I ended up with enough extra to randomly put 2 extra in each package. I did not attempt to sort them other than trying to see you didn't get your own back...but if you do you tied it and should like it. There is a good variety in there that should work for trout or 'gills.

Bronc, (Fisherboy), I'm holding yours to send them all back with the Favorite's Swap when it's ready to go. I did see a wing had broken on one of my wasps so I put an extra in there. Personally, I think a fish would eat the one wing version just as well but wanted it to be right. Like I mentioned above, you'll get a couple of nice 'gills on the house fly, but those wings won't hold up well either. Good idea but need tougher wing material than Swiss Straw.

Mine got here today, and I must say this as fine a batch of vermin as I have ever seen, Haven't let the wife see them as she would send me out to buy some Raid. Thanks everyone,

I was fishing this weekend on the Fall River. When I got home I found a great set of flies had come in the mail. It was fun to look through all the creative patters. I would like to thank vicrider for letting me participate in my first fly swap. It was a lot of fun and I hope to take part in more. Thanks for the extra flies too!

Jim