Fly Tying
artimus001

uv resin challenge

well i must say that the response for testers has been very positive. the names are all familiar ones on the site. we will have testers from numerous points on the globe. in this group, there are hobby tyers, pro tyers, sponsored tyers, and bloggers. thank you all for being testers :) the ability to piggyback samples through swaps will add 24 more possible random testers. thank you Mr. SM :) the current list of testers use a variety of resins, with a number of them currently using SilverCreek resin. one tester has been gracious enough to offer sending me some SilverCreek resin to try; thank you :)

if i could get one Canuck to be a tester, that would be great.

if you have sent me a p/m that i have not responded to yet, you are all in as testers. i will be sending you all new p/m's and we can all start moving forward with this challenge!!

I finally can have a opinion on resin, first ot all i finished all the flies for your swap today, i stepped out of my comfort zone & dicided to put eye's on for the first time in a couple of years & also used uv resin for the first time ever! I bought deer creek 100% tack free a month or so ago, but bought on friday loon thick uv resin cos' i did not want to run out on pike flies! I can say loon thick uv resin dose not dry tack free in 10 seconds, but given time it dose dry tack free! I will test the deer creek resin & post my findings on this tread, but am looking forward to now having a few days break from the tying bench, try to get some gardening & other jobs done after work witch is already gonna be a nightmare work week!

C'mon Adam. If you weren't from Finland I'd kid you about that. Us real Americans in the lower 48 tag the Canadians with the rather derogatory term "Canuck". I had one Canuck so mad at me he threatened to hop in his canoe and portage all the way to Minnesota and force me to eat backstrap and Canadian bacon. Fortunately his birchbark canoe sprung a leak and he never made it I never had to eat that stuff they call food up there.

C'mon Adam. If you weren't from Finland I'd kid you about that. Us real Americans in the lower 48 tag the Canadians with the rather derogatory term "Canuck". I had one Canuck so mad at me he threatened to hop in his canoe and portage all the way to Minnesota and force me to eat backstrap and Canadian bacon. Fortunately his birchbark canoe sprung a leak and he never made it I never had to eat that stuff they call food up there.

i hit a polar bear the other day while i was out shopping for seal steaks. smoked it with the lead dog of my high performance sled. the sleds ok, but i had to replace the dog. it's a good thing parts are a sustainable resource up here. the bear was just wounded, so i had to finish it off with a hockey stick.

and what of the polar bear's hide? there is enough hair for everyone to tie streamers, and fish all summer long under a sun that never sets.

no one in my village will starve this winter.

This is gonna sound wierd? But the loon thick uv resin did dry tack free after a while yesturday, but after just handeling them again today, they feel tacky? Maybe after a night in a dark cubard? I'm not a fan of loon thick uv resin! Just dropped them off at the post office Art, 12 tacky flies coming your way!:-)

I'd be interested in how this stuff measures up. I use Silvercreek's, Loon, 5 min epoxy, and Fabric Fusion for various similar applications. I have found I like each one for various reasons or on various flies.

I'd be interested in how this stuff measures up. I use Silvercreek's, Loon, 5 min epoxy, and Fabric Fusion for various similar applications. I have found I like each one for various reasons or on various flies.

i will send you a sample to you with your Zonker flies.