Fly Tying
eastern fly

Articulated Trout Streamers

Igotwood, this is the fly I tied previously. Ordered what I needed. I need more anyway so I could change color. Thinking brighter if you want darker. Whatch'a think?

DSC01033.JPG

The swap is full. Its great to see people that I haven't swapped with yet. I have a good fly in mind. Remember we are not looking for articulated bugger flies.

Kevin

Igotwood, this is the fly I tied previously. Ordered what I needed. I need more anyway so I could change color. Thinking brighter if you want darker. Whatch'a think?

attachicon.gifDSC01033.JPG

Nice color! I was planning on brown/yellow, but I can easily do something darker. I like olive/black, and black/purple. I've got materials for dark, no worries!

The swap is full. Its great to see people that I haven't swapped with yet. I have a good fly in mind. Remember we are not looking for articulated bugger flies.

Eastern fly is the sex dungeon going to be too buggery for your taste? I just think its a great producer

That is the type of fly we are looking for. What i'm talking about is someone tying a wolly bugger with a wire connection and think it will work.

Kevin

Ok just wanted to make sure, I really like that fly its also a killer bass fly

Okay, I'll work with the colors I have on that guy Woodie. I need to order more hooks and material but this swap gives us time to do that.

Thats a good fly.

Kevin

I think so too although I might try something different on the back of the front hook. I feel like there tends to be poor coverage over the articulation point starting with the rabbit zonker. Maybe a couple pieces of magnum flashabou just to hide it a little more.

Sorry guys but I can't help but laugh every time I see the Kracken. I've seen the commercial on TV a couple of times where a golfer is next to the water and the announcers are whispering like they all seem to think they need to do even if they're a half mile away. Well as the guy is deciding his shot a huge Octopus rears out of the water and grabs the golfer first, then his caddy. The announcers keep on whispering about hard to play and lose a stroke. One of them says, "I believe that may be a Kracken" like it's an every day occurrence.