Fly Tying
eastern fly

Articulated Trout Streamers

I forgot to mention it but for this swap I will be tying a Aino streamer. A pattern I found from Andreas Andersson. Done in steelhead colors.

That sounds good.

Kevin

I forgot to mention it but for this swap I will be tying a Aino streamer. A pattern I found from Andreas Andersson. Done in steelhead colors.

Awesome! I've been wanting to mess around with that tie!

Yeah, Aino streamer, right. Watched the guy tying it and all I could think of was how much blood I'd leave behind from the hooks the way he ties it. I've always had enough trouble with messy flies like the Hog Snare and upside down ties like Clousers. Had trouble with poking my finger regular with the ultra sharp hooks we're blessed with today until our swapping buddy Fishin' Bob Nelson mentioned (think it was him) about sticking a piece of rubber on the hook. DOH...How simple and yet how effective. I have a couple of pieces of tubing cut in small sections at the bench and whenever I'm doing bigger flies that usually get me bloody I just stick that piece of rubber tubing over hook and PRESTO, no hook point to jab you. It also works fine if you have a thicker piece of foam rubber. 5mm foam will stick over hook and protect it quite well also. Does look like a good fly.

Igotwood mentioned something about ordering more material. One must remember in this swap the flies are really costly to tie. That's why can sell for upwards of a $10 bill in many catalogs of quality ties. When we get these flies we should appreciate the costs that go into them along with the time and when the chance comes to fish them in the right spot thank the guys who are working hard on these. I know I can do a dozen nymphs or cracklebacks in the time it takes me to complete one good Hog Snare. Doesn't take Rich Stolis as long but I can't fast forward when I'm tying. Right now I have a couple to go on the #1 back hook and articulating shank, then will finish up with the front #1/0 hook with wire and beads.

I am going to do the Kraken in black.

You flies are in. Great job on these. I want to get the tying info for them and the extras. Thanks for them.

Kevin

I am going to do the Kraken in black.

You flies are in. Great job on these. I want to get the tying info for them and the extras. Thanks for them.

Kevin

No problem. I will send you the links for the videos or recipes. The extras are a Headbanger Sculpin and a Mike's Meal Ticket.

Just to prove ive actually been working on these swap flies, two photos one from a couple days ago and the current progress. Almost done

2mnlstd.jpg

2mg7c0m.jpg

Just to prove ive actually been working on these swap flies, two photos one from a couple days ago and the current progress. Almost done

2mnlstd.jpg

2mg7c0m.jpg

They will be great.

Kevin

2mnlstd.jpg

2mg7c0m.jpg

Why does your bench look neat and organized??? ......What kind of fly tyer are you????? Flies look awesome, btw...

Thanks haha, I always make a big mess then clean it spotless before I start another session. Bugs me to be tying a fly with materials out that I won't be needing.

Hope you guys enjoy the flies, used 1/8th in. Zonker instead of 1/4 that's all I had in abundance