Fly Tying
Dubs

Articulated Nymph Swap

I got 20 ass ends tied over X-mas! That's about where i want 2 be at the moment in this swap! Try to have them all tied by the end of new years weekend!?! Then wait for a day where i'm at home & the misses is at work to play with UV resin, she turns into Eva Brown when she gets a wiff of that shit in the house!:-)

What kind of UV resin do you use?

I'd like to get some Loon stuff soon

Okay, I'll give it a whirl, and Eastern Fly said he'd give it a go if you couldn't fill it so send him a pm and tell him he volunteered to fill that last spot.

Got yours flytire

Impressive ties and I thank you!

Still one spot left if anybody would like to jump in to round it off I will make it worth your time

Okay, so I'm pretty locked in but a long ways from done on this articulated size #16 with SF tail, Kracken dubbing trimmed and "buggy".

DSC01318.JPG

And then, doing a different swap for mini-streamers I thought about an articulated mini-streamer and came up with this wooly bugger with a size 14 hook. Might look at something like more seriously as a dace or chub though.

DSC01319.JPG

Just put the uv resin on my flies, tried to do it quick so i could open the window for a while, -11 over here, feels warm compared to the few days of -25 we just had! Tied 20 & will send 12 next week, kemping 8 for myself! Gonna take all 20 to the flyshop tommorrow in a flybox, want to see how big my friends eyes get when i open the box & shake it side to side & he sees 20 articulated nymphs moving their ass!:-)

Flies are in the post! Had a panic cos' the resin stank so much, tried airing them out for two days at work! In that time i tied another set of differen't articulated nymphs! I let the resin nymphs have a swim in a glass of vodka this morning at work, then a glass of water, done the trick i think! Two sets of 12 are on their way! Keep the extras if the swap dosn't fill!

I think you may need to consider another type of UV resin, or a cheaper brand of vodka haha.

Anyway if you sent 2 sets I'll make you the last spot and you will get back a pair of each