Fly Tying
oldtrout58

Illegal fly tying ring busted!

Got my vote ... put those useless small people to work !!!

"You want dinner? Go tie 5 dozen Stonefly nymphs, then we'll see !!!"

Wow to find an outlet for quantities of flies three people tying 14-15 hours per day ( if it was per day, the article just says that many hours not over what time frame) would produce is quite an accomplishment for someone. LOL

"What?!?! You've only completed 4 dozen Dahlberg Divers?!?!"

"Get back in there and finish the other 6 dozen, or no computer games for you tonight."

"And quit that crying ... or I'll give you something to cry about!!!"

Could be Mike. Kind of like China comes to the USA on a tiny scale.

Yeah ... there's not much I like about China ... but their views on putting children to work ... hmmmm, sounds like a plan.

I have looked around a bit on that site, its a blog, and the post is a humor piece if I am not mistaken. Most of the rest of the posts are more or less in the same humorous tone. I don't think its news.

I have looked around a bit on that site, its a blog, and the post is a humor piece if I am not mistaken. Most of the rest of the posts are more or less in the same humorous tone. I don't think its news.

*Tuesday Bananas is a weekly satire article meant for entertainment and laughs.

Read the fine print...

Oh ... dag nabbit !!! I thought it was the wave of the future. Now I am quite distraught ... knowing kids WON'T be put to good use in sweat shops.

but the part about nimble fingers is true, and some kids do tie flies. I seem to recall seeing a few posted on here.

My son and I had two of my grand kids tie up a fly or two each on vacation in Maine a couple of years ago.The intent was to then go catch a fish. The tying part went pretty well but they preferred spin casting from the dock out into the lake than fly fishing the river. So the flies didn't get much use. They chucked and chucked lures onto that lake but that time of year is slim pickins in that cove. We finally took them off to a place I call Chub Haven, where they were absolutely sure to get a few fish each ( kids don't care what they catch as long as there is action). They each caught 4 or 5 2-3 lb chubs their spin casting gear and were all smiles. KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid) was the word of the day ! Funny we took them trolling in my boat on the lake. We hit a good pocket off one point of salmon and brook trout. They caught a couple of fish each and I swear that had little impact on them compared to Chub Haven. Ya know kids are weird, different values all together. Chub Haven to us would be junk fish fishing. But I knew they would love it when we went there because it's constant action, with easy access, period.